Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Missourimom
Level 7

Prime video fix on older Roku TVs

Since Amazon prime is no longer supported by my older model roku tv, I was told a new Roku streaming stick would be the fix. But I can't get my new streaming stick 4k to set up with my tv. And Roku chat person cut me off !

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime video fix on older Roku TVs

@Missourimom 

I set up a Roku Stick on an old Roku TV without any issue at all. What issue are you having?

Did you connect it to an HDMI port? 

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Missourimom
Level 7

Yes. Took the old one out and replaced it with the streaming stick 4. It allowed me in to set up, I picked the language and my network but it wouldn't allow me to sign in. Kept saying the password was incorrect. It was not, but I changed it anyway. Still couldn't sign on

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Missourimom 

I'm a little confused now. You said you had a Roku TV, but now you say you "(took) the old one out and replaced it with the streaming stick 4 (sic)." Roku TVs don't have anything to take out. The Roku software is built in. I understood you to say that you had a Roku TV, but it wasn't going to be supported, which is another bit of confusion, as Amazon hasn't said they're dropping support for Roku TVs.

Regardless, I understood you purchased a Streaming Stick 4K (that's the actual name of the device) and were wanting to attach it to a Roku TV. Now, I'm not so sure just what you're doing.

Are you calling a TV with a Roku attached "Roku TV?" That's really not correct, since Roku TVs are an actual thing, and are TVs with Roku built in. A TV with a Roku attached is a TV with a Roku attached, not a Roku TV.

I'm wanting to make sure just what the situation is, so that I (or others) can give you good information in return.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Missourimom
Level 7

Thank you for your comments but even though I am I obviously not as smart as you,  I managed to install the new streaming stick and now I can get Amazon prime and even Apple TV. And, yes, indeed Amazon Prime did quit supporting the old sticks.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Missourimom 

Experience does not equal smarts. And smarts doesn't equal experience. I've simply been using Roku for over 10 years. You were obviously smart enough to figure it out, and now have that much experience behind you. Glad everything's working now.

DBDukes

0 Kudos