Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Re: [Prime Video] Picture minimized in upper left corner

Jump to solution

Changing display type to 4K HDR TV from autodetect seemed to reduce the incidents of this happening, but it happened again about a week ago when I 'rented' a program to watch on Prime. Saw the postage stamp picture, thought oh oh! (or something close to that.)  I stopped the program, exited prime, returned to prime and restarted the program, all was good. Previously I had to try that more than once before the picture returned to normal size.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Restart your device then make sure you have the 12.0 update and try it

0 Kudos
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Just cycled poser and checked, Auto Updated to 12. earlier this evening.

I'll advise if problem reappears. Thanks randys!

0 Kudos
Ukexile

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra with Amazon Prime channel

Jump to solution

I had same problem. I just tried updating the Prime Video app and this worked. I also have the intermittent HDCP 2.2 error but haven't worked out if there is a solution to this yet.  Maybe updating the app has also fixed this problem .... we'll see. 

0 Kudos
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not fixed, after update to 12. and check Prime for current version, just had it happen, after TV and Roku were off. Selected movie and got the postage stamp picture with closed captions appearing normally on screen.

0 Kudos
spPdMoNk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just uninstalling Amazon prime app, then restarted my Roku, then reinstall Amazon prime fixed it for me

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Since turning off the power saving mode about 6 days ago, I haven’t seen this on my 3941 (Express 4K+).

0 Kudos
RHamilton

Jump to solution

I have been seeing this issue more and more often.  Sometimes half-size.  Sometimes quarter or eighth size.  Not the whole UI, just the video playback.  Delete/reboot/reinstall did not help.

What works for me is to hit the back arrow until you get past the close-this-app prompt, and then relaunch the app.  The home button doesn't have the same effect.  ***Close the app.***

This seems to happen when I hit the back arrow to stop watching an episode of a series, but leave the device at the series screen.  Once it goes to sleep, it wakes up in an odd state.

Possibly related, I believe when it's in this state, launching the app from the home screen doesn't prompt me to select a user.  (Not a big deal for me, but I could see how others might care.)

0 Kudos
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Update following my previous messsage. It's still happening, happened last night again on prime. Mini movie in upper left corner. This after I deleted and reinstalled Prime Video app after Roku Ultra updated to 12. I also have a ROKU stick and have never had this issue.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RHamilton @Bruce88

Thanks for your posts here in Roku Community. 

We would like to identify and help you further with the issue you are seeing. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Can you send us a screenshot of the display photo on your screen? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos