Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregM
Streaming Star

Postage Stamp Display on Ultra with Amazon Prime channel

Jump to solution

New Remote screws up.

I have a Roku Ultra. It came with a rechargeable remote. We got tired of the noises it makes and bought a battery powered remote.

Now if we try to play something from Amazon Prime it has a little tiny picture in the upper left corner.

If we play something from another channel first, it works as it should and then we can play Amazon Prime movies, they will work fine.

I have looked through all the settings and can't find any setting which might have an effect.

Seems odd that just changing the remote would mess things up like this.

How can I fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra?

Jump to solution

Hello @GregM

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
56 REPLIES 56
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @GregM

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? May we ask if this happens to the Amazon channel only or all channels on your device? What are you seeing on screen?  Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
GregM
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The rectangular image that appears is about 1/5 of the normal image in width and height and is in the upper left corner of the screen. This appears only on the Sony TV that the Ultra is hooked to, so I can't provide a screenshot.

This only seems to happen on Prime since we switched remotes.

If we switch to another channel and come back the image is full sized.

This is only happening after we bought a new remote. The Ultra is the same unit that worked without this problem using the rechargeable remote.

What is "Player 1" ?

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @GregM

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
GregM
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That method seems to have worked, but I still think it is weird that you would have to do that just because you change remotes.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Same issue here, reinstalled channel and it is still doing it.

Rebooted router, still doing it.

I was about to give up and buy a new Ultra ONLY because of the feature of auto power shut off as I dont think the Apple product has that, but I dont want to have to since this unit is less than 2 yrs old.

Help.

GEtting worse, no picture at all for a while only on the Prime app.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

[Prime Video] Picture minimized in upper left corner

Jump to solution

Someone else here had the same problem they were told to uninstall the app restart the Roku and reinstall the app. 

This is a less than two-year-old Roku ultra 4800 

I have done the uninstall and restart twice I have rebooted the Wi-Fi and none of it works.

If I go to another app and play something and then come back it works normal.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @randys

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Did a complete factory reset problem is still exactly the same.   

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @randys

Thanks for the post.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

You can contact Amazon Prime Video support here.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos