Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cdh
Level 8

Pop up banner

I have had Roku for years with no issues.  As of yesterday, all apps have this annoying pop up banner that appears every 2 minutes and lasts for 15-20 seconds.  It says LED - MCI - Dolby - LTriple XD along with other titles.  It is annoying and interferes when I want to use captioning.  How can I get rid of it?  I have googled with no success.  I am having issues with xfinity streaming but this banner pops up with all apps.

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
andyross
Level 16

Re: Pop up banner

That is coming from your TV, not the Roku. It is somehow in Store or Demo mode. You need to go through it's settings.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Your LG TV is in Store Mode - you need to put it in Home Mode:  Settings/General/Home Mode (at the very bottom of the menu)

0 Kudos
Cdh
Level 8

Thank you for responding but I can't get to " Settings/General/Home Mode (at the very bottom of the menu)".  I don't have those options in Roku or Xfinity app and it is not for lack of trying!  No "General" under Settings!  Should I be looking elsewhere?

I am thinking of doing "System restart" but I don't want to get into deeper problems than I have now.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Its your LG TV that is giving you the message - not the Roku.

You need to adjust your LG TV's settings as I described above.

FYI, a system restart wont hurt your Roku (helps many issues in fact) - however, in this case, its not your Roku - its your LG TV.

0 Kudos
Cdh
Level 8

I meant a factory reset!  Please, how do I get to LG's settings?  When I turn on TV, I am in Roku.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Get your LG TV's (model unknown) remote, press the Settings button, General, scroll down to Home/Store Mode and select Home Mode.

0 Kudos
Cdh
Level 8

This TV is LG29LB4505.  Worked perfectly for years until yesterday!

I am not getting prompts you directed me to through settings.

0 Kudos
Cdh
Level 8

Spoiler
OK, only with your help I got it back to normal!  I would never have thought to use the LG remote!  Had to hunt for it since I never had to use it!  I fiddled with settings and removed "demo" mode to standard and pop ups are gone!  I would never have been able to do this on my own.  Thank you so much for sticking with me!  Have a blessed day!
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

Try Settings/Option/Mode Setting=Home Use

0 Kudos