Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julia9874

Pluto tv timing out when it didn't used to

I changed my roku settings and my pluto tv settings so that I could have bob Ross play 24/7 (I foster scared cats and he's so soothing) but all of a sudden every time I enter the room the app is closed.  I've made no changes. I've checked my bandwidth saver in roku and my inactivity setting in pluto and they are both in the correct setting for playing 24/7. What else could it be? 

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Pluto tv timing out when it didn't used to

An active stream should keep this from kicking in, but ...

If your Roku has a "Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings > After 20 minutes of no interaction" setting, try disabling it. 

More info on this setting:  https://support.roku.com/article/6306527767575

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Julia9874

Re: Pluto tv timing out when it didn't used to

As I said, that setting is set to not turn my stream off. Same for the setting in plutotv.  

It USED to stream  24 7 and now it doesn't.  I didn't change anything