Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

I noticed this on Thur 3/2.  None of the rokustick (3 devices) and 1 roku TV that I have has access to pluto TV.

It works fine on my LG tv through webos, & on website - this shows it's not at the pluto tv end.

Tried all the recommendations. (remove app, restart, power off, install app), check for updates, and even factory reset didn't do anything.

It starts the app, few seconds later "crashes" back to main screen. Nothing has changed since the problem began 

It's pathetic that these "support" staff recommend same "troubleshoot tips" when it's clearly not the issue/solution.  It's like they're deaf to people saying there's something wrong.

Definitely has to do with plutotv app & roku system.

bobber
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My brand new Hisense Roku TV and 4 Roku sticks continue to fail at starting Pluto TV since 2/28.  As everyone else noted the splash screen for Pluto TV pops up but immediately returns to the Roku home screen. Tried emailing Pluto TV but their contact submission page was unresponsive. Come on Roko, let's get this worked out with Pluto. It seems that everyone contributing serial numbers, etc has nothing to do with fixing the issue as the end user isn't the problem.

MorseBri
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it is not fixed. I have the same problem. It started on two devices at the same time. It just started to do the same thing on a 3rd device. All device’s are less than a year old. Most recent device is 1 month old. My internet speed is “Excellent”. I have tried to hard wire my router in to my HISENSE Roku TV (the newest device) and I also connected wirelessly with the same results. I also got a more powerful router.  Everything (tv software, Pluto app, and all devices) are up-to date. All other apps are working except the Pluto app. When I launch the app, I get the black screen, see the Pluto TV logo display and then it shuts down and goes back to my home screen. The issue was noticed about 2 days ago (3-3-23), today 3-5-23 it started to do the same thing on the only tv that was getting Roku/Pluto TV. Also, this is only happening (so far) on my TV’s. I can steam and access Pluto TV on my iPhone (so far), and my iPod. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
MorseBri
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV App not working on Roku TV or devices

Jump to solution

@RokuKarla 

I have 3 devices and I have included all the information that you requested. The PlutoTV app does work on both of my iPhones and all iPods. I have nit trued on a laptop/PC. I also got a new router for a “mesh network” and I only have the issue on the three devices below.

1 Sony TV using a Roku Ultra

1 Hisense RokuTV

1 PC/TV monitor

for your convenience I listed each reply in the above mentioned order. 

Information Requested:

-Roku device model:

4800X - Roku Ultra

G218X  - Roku TV

3800X - Roku Streaming Stick 

Serial number:

X010007DFA1X (S02A212DFA1X)

X09100VFFUE6 (S0A362FFUE6)

YF00CP942155 (CT388C942155)

Device ID: S02A212DFA1X

S0A3627FFUE6

CT388C942155

Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-Does this issue occur on a specific channel?

YES

YES

YES

If so, what channel: PlutoTV

PlutoTV

PlutoTV

what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)…

Channel Version: 5.24

Channel Build: build 1

build 1

build 1

Software Version:11.5.0

Build: 4312-C2

4312-CH

4312-55

-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID):              

1X-092-072

E6-092-083

55-092-101

-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing:

Launch the PlutoTV app

Launch the PlutoTV app

Launch the PlutoTV app

I hope this can be of help. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@bobber  Yes bobber, I just see a darker version of the page, with 6 blue bobbing circles. Makes no difference how long you wait, but it will not connect. I even sent a DM about this page, which was ignored. No response from comments on FB and DM's.  I no longer have Twitter, so that is no longer an option. Besides, don't want the drama and changes of Twitter.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@CloudKicker  Notice nobody of the "staff" is now speaking to anyone about this? The customer is apparently NEVER RIGHT, contrary to business teachings.

Aichangesit
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue.  You've got plenty of device id's and versions so I'm not going to post that.

I am going to say that this may be intentional on the part of Roku.  They may be going to boost use of The Roku Channel, which is a direct competitor with Pluto TV.  Seems really desperate.  I think i may just go spend the $29 for the "Chromecast with Google TV"... It's really good and Google doesn't need to resort to petty tricks like it seems Roku is.

That being said, fix the issue

Wodstock
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just talks me into not bothering investing in another Roku device anything. This is absurd to not want to acknowledge there is an issue, when there are 5 pages of complaints here alone.

Chromecast could be a option, or playing from your PC is another.

GeraldT1960
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

FYI, I contacted Pluto about the issue and they said they are aware of the issue and are working to resolving it.

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Pluto TV App not working on Roku TV or devices

Jump to solution

Hi @MorseBri

Thanks for reaching out here in Roku Community. 

We appreciate your effort in providing us with the detailed information requested. I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, We'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work toward a resolution.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos