Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klasekfilmfan
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto is kicking us out and back to the home screen

Jump to solution

Wednesday
Re: Pluto is kicking us out and back to the home screen

Use Sling, Roku TV, or another free tv streaming app until PlutoTV fixes their app.                                                                                                                                         There is no substitute for PlutoTV. That app offers many channels and it's unique interface that is lacking in all 'substitutes'.

0 Kudos
jhvansyckle
Reel Rookie

Re: PLUTO will not load on any Roku Player

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue. Was watching something downstairs last night, went upstairs and several minutes later when I turn on the tv, Pluto wouldn’t load. Right in the middle of a Wild, Wild West episode I’ve only seen 23 times!

jhvansyckle
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Nope. That did not work.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@jhvansyckle 

I was actually mistaken that the PlutoTV issues for some users had been recently resolved.  Both Pluto and Roku are aware that Pluto is crashing for some users and are working on the issue. 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Pluto-TV-crashing-on-both-of-my-Roku-devices/td-p/844...

I haven't had any issues with Pluto TV with the Roku devices listed in my signature and I am using Pluto v.5.24 build 1 with Roku OS 11.5 build 4312-46 as are others in the above linked thread.

I am kind of assuming that different users may be pulling from different CDN servers and that it really isn't the Pluto channel/app per se, but somewhere in the chain of content delivery for Pluto.  Can't say for sure, though as some users were able to lower the resolutions of their TVs to 720p and 1080p as a workaround and the channel/app began to work for awhile.  You can try this in your Roku settings under Settings/Display Type.

Should also leave the requested info by Roku employees over in that thread so they can add you to the list of users affected if still having issues.

------

You can still watch Pluto TV on your TV if you go to https://pluto.tv/ and cast it to your Roku device, or use a laptop with a HDMI cable to your TV (bypass Roku completely).  At least you have a couple of alternative methods until fully resolved by Pluto and/or Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
iamrrk
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV crashing on all three of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

I have three roku devices.  Pluto did work previously.  Pluto tv will not loaded as stated in other messages.  I have done all of the mentioned fixes multiple times on all 3 devices.  nothing helps this has been muliple week problem

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi @abbelyn,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you're seeing when streaming Pluto TV, along with all of the troubleshooting that you've done.

Rest assured that we have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Pluto TV crashing on all three of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

Hi @klasekfilmfan @iamrrk,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If you are still experiencing an issue accessing Pluto TV, kindly provide the required details so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience with this issue and rest assured that all the information you will provide is duly noted and will be shared with our appropriate Roku team.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I’m having the same issue as well.  Mine started yesterday, March 13th.  I have two Rokus…one the Roku Streambar and the other is the Roku Express.  Pluto TV works fine on my LG TV,iPad, PC, etc.  Both Roku devices are updated, as is the Pluto app.  Please fix the problem Roku, as your company seems to be the only one with the issue.  

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @YakkoWakkoDot1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties accessing Pluto TV. Can you please provide us with the requested information from above your post? 

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Roku team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
YakkoWakkoDot1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing”

Roku Streambar:

Model: 9102RW - Roku Streambar

Serial Number: YL000D328612

Device ID: B11130328612

Software: 11.5.0 * build 4312-95

Occurs with PLUTO TV ONLY Version 5.42 * build 1

Tracker ID: 12-104-572

Timestamp: 2023-03-14T14:52:57Z

Roku Express: 4K

Model: 3941X - Roku Express 4K

Serial Number: X016000L4HV8

Device ID:  S07P21DL4HV8

Software:  11.5.0 * build 4312-CR

Occurs with PLUTO TV ONLY  Software 5.24 * build 1

Tracker ID: V8-104-578

Timestamp: 2023-03-14T15:02:21Z

Just select the Pluto TV app (channel), click “ok” and watch it CRASH.  It’s not on us customers.  It works on other streaming services.  It doesn’t work on ROKU.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.