Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeraldT1960
Channel Surfer

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working - New TV

Jump to solution

After a week my Pluto tv is working this morning. What I did is on my computer I logged into Pluto tv and changed my email (username login) and password. I then deleted the Pluto app from my Roku tv and rebooted my tv. I then reloaded Pluto tv on my tv and it's now it's working again.

Wodstock
Reel Rookie

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working

Jump to solution

3 ROKU 5000's none of those work. One TCL Roku TV and Roku Express work for obtaining Pluto. Uninstalling, restarting the Roku via the menu and  reinstalling , as well as logging out and changing email address for Pluto none worked.No response well over a week with any resolution. Canned responses in here from the support. I'll never spend money on another Roku again

0 Kudos
Sukatan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@GeraldT1960 

Just tried that and it didn't work same issue

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @S57,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We are currently aware of the issue and our appropriate team is working diligently to resolve the issue with Pluto TV.

Rest assured that we have sent all your information and concerns to our Roku team. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We prioritize resolving this as soon as possible and ask that you bear with us as we manage this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community and continuing to share your observation about the current playback issue with Pluto TV.

Rest assured that this issue is being investigated by our Roku engineering team and all the information and feedback are being duly noted and shared as we are committed to finding a solution for this issue.

Please continue to provide the necessary information that we need to investigate this issue. Please see my previous post for the details.

We sincerely appreciate everyone for their patience while we investigate this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
GeraldT1960
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I will say this, the first time I launched Pluto after reloading it crashed and went back to the Roku channel screen. The second time I launched Pluto I started working again, I'm watching it now.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @GeraldT1960,

Thanks for the update!

We're glad to know it's working now! Happy Streaming!

Thank you for using our services. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
45six
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm afraid its more of a coincidence than a solution right now. It didn't work for me but until I hear of it working for a fair amount of people I will hold off total judgement, lol. If it turns out to be a solution for a fair amount of people it will really make the problem more complex.

0 Kudos
Sukatan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The first time Wednesday night even I installed the app on my tcl TV it worked. The next day I went to open on my other tcl tv and then this started happening. I even tried rebooting and re install at the time issue continues. I then tried on the TV that first worked and it started doing the crash on the wouldn't open again 

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working

Jump to solution

Pluto acknowledged that it's a Pluto problem and not a Roku issue. 

give Pluto time to fix! It's not like we are paying a monthly fee for Pluto anyway!!! 

0 Kudos