Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirkyDirk

Please support Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime in the Netherlands, as well as the Android App

Hi All,

We bought a Roku Express in Germany. We were given the expression in the store that the player had channels like HBO Max, Amazon Prime, Disney+.  I live in the Netherlands and we soon we discovered that only a handfull AAA streams were avaialble 😞 

We can't even use the android app. 

Looks like Roku has some kind of region locking on its own. because on other boxes i can easily stream hbo max, amazon prime, disney + in the netherlands. It is not like that the streaming services wont stream to the netherlands, and all those channels ARE available here. Just the roku "add channel" is limited.

PLEASE fix it. Region locking is so pre-2000 !!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Please support Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime in the Netherlands, as well as the Android App

It's up to the providers to allow use of their channel/app on Roku devices.  Most don't seem to understand how it works, but it's not something Roku is going to "fix".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Robu09
Channel Surfer

Re: Please support Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon Prime in the Netherlands, as well as the Android App

Why wouldn't provicers allow use in The Netherlands via Roku? On other devices it is working.

0 Kudos