Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NFLJon
Level 7

PlayOn Channel not connecting

I just downloaded both POC and POH to my Windows 10 laptop that is connect to the same WIFI as the Roku Premiere unit.  I can not get the Roku to find the PlayOn laptop.  I've logged in and out, rebooted the PC, read and tried all the support articles I can find.  An article was posted here 2 years ago but not answered.

I have recorded a couple programs and downloaded them to my PC.  That part, I can stumble through.  But viewing the  files on my Roku connected TV through the WIFI is baffling.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Jon
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: PlayOn Channel not connecting

It could be a firewall issue on your laptop.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
NFLJon
Level 7

Thanks for reply.  I had to add both PlayOn and Roku devices to the laptop.   There are a lot of little tweeks and twists to cut the cable  ;o)

0 Kudos
Hazard_S
Level 7

What do you mean add roku device to your laptop?

0 Kudos
NFLJon
Level 7

I opened Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, Devices and Printers, Add a Device. 

Both the Roku and PlayOn came up in the new devices window.  I clicked on both and added.

0 Kudos