Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KFayal
Channel Surfer

Photo Streams is only showing upper right corner of title screen and my photos

Jump to solution

Hello, I have two Roku Ultra model 4660Xs attached to two different TV's.  One is attached to a Sony Bravia 75X90CJ, and the other a Samsung SmartTV.  When I see my Photo Stream screensaver on the Samsung TV, everything looks great. But when I see my photo stream on the Sony Bravia, it's like the viewport window is only looking at the upper right hand corner of the photo and this even shows up on the title screen when the screen saver first loads.  I'm attaching an image of this.  The Photo Streams logo is supposed to be centered on the purple screen.  I have tried to uninstall the Photo Streams channel, restart, check for updates, and reinstall to no avail.  The software version on both my Roku Ultra's is 12.0.0 build 4184-46.  I'm operating the display type as Automatic (4K HDR10 at 30 fps). I even tried to run it as 4K 60fps TV, and display type 1080p TV - all with the same results. My Roku box is attached directly to my TV via HDMI, not through any switching devices. I really love the Photo Streams screen saver, but I wish it worked well on my main TV.  Is there something I can do? Roku Photo Streams.jpg

-- Looking for ways to beat the cable or sattelite monster? ROKU!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KFayal
Channel Surfer

Re: Photo Streams is only showing upper right corner of title screen and my photos

Jump to solution

Well, I solved my problem, but not by a way that is really that great.  However there were many benefits to the solution.  I had to get rid of my Roku Ultra 4660X and buy a new 4802 one.  The new one even supports Dolby Vision which is stunning.  So I'm going to mark this as resolved and if anyone else has this issue - seems like the only solution was for me to go out and buy a unit with later hardware.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Photo Streams is only showing upper right corner of title screen and my photos

Jump to solution

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @KFayal!

We appreciate you reaching out and providing us with a precise explanation of your concern. We'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible.

May we know if this only happens on the Photo Streams feature on your Sony Bravia TV? Do the other apps or channels work properly or have the normal display type? In addition, have you tried to adjust the display type of your Sony Bravia TV? You can try to adjust it by using the Sony Bravia remote and pressing the Quick Settings button, then select Settings > Display & Sound > Picture > your preferred option. You can also try to press the Action Menu button, select Picture, and then choose your preferred option. 

Please let us know what you find out, and we'd be more than happy to assist you further with this.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KFayal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello Carly - thanks for the response.  To answer your question, Photo Streams is the only feature/app that doesn't have proper display on my Sony Bravia TV.  All other apps/features work as expected.  For this reason I don't really want to try to mess with the Display type on my TV itself.  Is there something else I can do?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting us know, @KFayal.

We highly recommend trying to remove the app, performing a system reboot, and reinstalling the app as a troubleshooting method. Follow the steps provided below to help you:

• Remove the Photo Streams app by highlighting it and pressing the Star (*) button
  • Restart your Roku device/TV from Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System Restart
  • Reinstall the Photo Streams app again. Select Channel Store > Search for the app > Click Add channel

We need to make sure that this troubleshooting method has been done precisely to work. 

Please let us know how it goes, and we'll go from there. Hope this fixes the issue!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KFayal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello!  I see in this thread that my prior response didn't show up.  So I'll try to recap.  The day after you sent that last set of specific instructions, I turned on my TV and Photo Streams was working correctly!! So I got on this thread and sent a message to that fact.  But I guess I didn't hit send or the browser timed out or something, because that message isn't showing up.  Anyway, I'm trying to send a new message here because as of yesterday when my Roku Ultra updated itself to version 12.5.1 build 4178, now that issue has come up again.  

I tried all my prior things I did to get it to work to no avail.  So I turned off my TV and turned it back on.  Then I removed the Photo Streams screensaver (it's not available in the channel store).  Then I did the system restart.  When the Roku Ultra finished restarting, I added the Photo Streams screensaver again. But the display isn't right. Unfortunately, I'm back to square one again.  For about a week, everything was great.  

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KFayal,

Thank you for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!
We appreciate the effort put into performing all the troubleshooting steps that @RokuCarly provided above. No need to worry! We will be more than happy to assist you further. Please try to change the display type of your Roku Ultra by checking out this support article here.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KFayal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Wow, I don't know what's going on but this is the second time I've tried to reply and it never showed up on this thread.  I'll try again here.  I was able to chat with Sony support and they told me to be sure to set my HDMI external connection settings to Enhanced Format.  I did that and it actually improved upon my Roku device's automatic selection to be 4K HDR 60fps instead of 30fps.  But the problem remains with the Photo Streams app.  I don't know what I did to have it working for that short period of time a few weeks ago, but I'm still in the same boat even after following your last instructions.

0 Kudos
KFayal
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, I solved my problem, but not by a way that is really that great.  However there were many benefits to the solution.  I had to get rid of my Roku Ultra 4660X and buy a new 4802 one.  The new one even supports Dolby Vision which is stunning.  So I'm going to mark this as resolved and if anyone else has this issue - seems like the only solution was for me to go out and buy a unit with later hardware.

0 Kudos