Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CliffsideJim
Binge Watcher

Photo Streams Will Only Show Demo Photos

I am trying to have my Roku TV screensaver show my photos, but it only shows  demo photos, never my photos.

I have uploaded my photos to the web interface.   I see them there.   It says I have 22 Photo Streams.

I go to Settings > Theme > Screensaver.  There I select Photo Streams as my screensaver.   Under Photo Streams in this location I select preview.  Then it shows demo photos, not the photos I have uploaded. 

I let the home screen time out so that the screen saver comes on.  Again, only the three demo photos, never my photos, display.

4 REPLIES 4
KoRnyRat

Re: Photo Streams Will Only Show Demo Photos

I have the same issue 

0 Kudos
RokuElmer-H
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @KoRnyRat!

Welcome and thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We noticed your recent post about the photo stream issue. Don't worry, we will investigate the matter closely to isolate the problem. To do so, we need more information from you to assess the issue further and determine the reason behind it.

• When did this issue start?
  • Which Photo stream WEBP format did you use? ( Only applicable on the format: JPG, PNG, HEIC, and WEBP)
  • Which method did you use to upload photos? ( Roku account on the website or on your Roku Mobile app.)

Please follow these steps carefully and accurately:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select Theme to open the Theme menu
  4. Select Screensavers
  5. Select Photo Streams
  6. Select Set as Screensaver to set Photo Streams as the screensaver

Note:

For additional help, learn how to change the screensaver on your Roku device.

Using the Photo Streams channel to choose to include a Photo Stream in the screensaver on your Roku streaming device

For detailed instructions and more options regarding photo streams, refer to this support page: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device. If you have any other concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. You can either address them here or start a new thread for a different issue. We're always here to listen and help in any way we can.

Thanks,
Elmer

Elmer H.
Roku Community Moderator
gaelicfaye

I am having this same issue and everything in your reply is not of any help. I have followed all of the steps several times, and photo streams still will not show me my pictures. 

0 Kudos
CliffsideJim
Binge Watcher

It started the first time I tried to use the feature.  

Don't understand the question about WEBP

Uploaded through web interface

Photos are .jpg.

I have done your steps numbered 1 though 6.

Same result.  My photos do not show.

As you can see, others have the same issue.

0 Kudos