Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaHall

Peacock channel will not play more than 30 minutes without freezing

I have been trying to use the peacock channel. Every 30 minutes or so, the channel freezes and I have to exit the channel and go back into it to continue watching. It only happens with this channel. I can watch all my other channels without an issue.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Peacock channel will not play more than 30 minutes without freezing

Hello @LaHall

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

If you haven't tried yet, remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us updated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BobbyS1
Channel Surfer

When is Roku/peacock going to fix this issue. I'm sick of it. I've never had this problem until October 2022. Roku upgraded their firmware and since then I've had nothing but problems. Why doesn't somebody from Roku or Peacock address this issue?

Roku just wants to sell their **bleep** product, they don't care if it works or not. I'm really pissed off. I will never buy an or recommend Roku to anybody TV, streaming device or whatever.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @BobbyS1
Thank you for the inquiry!

Does the issue only occur on Peacock or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Peacock and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support/

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Chai

Having the same issue and it's not only on Peacock. Will try their suggestions though

0 Kudos