Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farmer50340
Level 7

Peacock app not timing out

For the longest time, I could fall asleep with Peacock playing and playback would stop at some point during the night. Last week, I saw a prompt that asked if I was still watching and indicated to select 1 option to continue playback, or a second option to never ask again. I mistakenly selected never ask again, and now ti can’t figure out how to undo that. I have reinstalled the app, updated the app version, and yes, have clicked the “save bandwidth” option, all to no avail. Anyone out there able to help reactivate that timeout feature?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Peacock app not timing out

Roku 10.5, currently rolling out, has added a new Power item in the Settings > System menu for some recent Roku models. In my estimation it is not well thought out. If you have this Power item, under "Auto power savings" see if changing some of the options you find there corrects the problem.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Farmer50340
Level 7

Re: Peacock app not timing out

Unfortunately, I don’t see that option. Thanks for your input, though!

0 Kudos