Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThatGuy509
Channel Surfer

Peacock App Parental Controls not working

Having same problem did you find solution?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThatGuy509,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd love to assist you further regarding this matter on the Peacock channel. Could you elaborate more about the issue that you're experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                  John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThatGuy509
Channel Surfer

I have a TCL Roku TV.  I set up Peacock app with 3 profiles.  Adult (with pin), Teen, and Kid.  When opening the app it automatically goes back into the last profile used.  So the PIN is useless because it doesn’t ask for it when first opening the app.  If I am watching Adult profile and want to make sure kids can’t get back into it at a later time. I have to manually exit adult profile and open kid or teen profile before closing the app each time.  So that when you closed and reopen app at a later time it opens in the kid/teen profile and not in the Adult profile with no need for pin.  

0 Kudos
ThatGuy509
Channel Surfer

Same as Tommyowens original poster.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThatGuy509,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about your problem accessing the Paramount Plus channel. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue.

We recommend performing the below steps to see if they can resolve the issue:

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press * to open the Options menu. Select the Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device. Go to Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here, and let us know if it fixes the issue.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ThatGuy509
Channel Surfer

Remove channel is not an option when pushing * on Peacock channel.  Although it is with just about all other channels on my Roku.  I can only look for updates and move app but no option to delete.  

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ThatGuy509,

Thank you for the quick response!

Are you subscribed to Paramount Plus? In some cases, if the channel you want to remove has an active subscription, the subscription must first be canceled before the channel can be removed from your Roku device. When you are ready to remove a channel, determine if the channel has a subscription and whether that subscription is billed to your Roku account.

1. Go to my.roku.com on your computer or smartphone.
  2. If prompted, sign in to your Roku account.
  3. Select Manage Your Subscriptions.

Let us know how it goes, and we'll be glad to further assist you.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                                        Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TommyOwens
Reel Rookie

As I said, useless.

0 Kudos
ThatGuy509
Channel Surfer

I agree and can’t believe more people have not chimed in online on how useless this is.  But I do think that it is a Roku problem and not a peacock problem.  I do not have this same problem when used on Xbox.  But do have problem on all 3 Rokus.  I’ve done everything deleted app reinstalled.  Factory reset tv and Roku.  Cancelled subscription and made entirely new one with new email.  All the same useless .  I may just stop using the Rokus.  

0 Kudos
ThatGuy509
Channel Surfer

Still no luck.  Deleted re-installed.  Factory reset Rokus and tv. Even canceled and created an entirely new peacock account.  Still the same.

0 Kudos