Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcialaw
Level 8

Paramount pop up ads

I'm getting pop up ads for Paramount during shows. It will minimize the show and ask me if I want to watch the paramount channel. I have to x out to close the ad. In my settings (I have a roku express connected through an Xbox one) I can't find anything to turn off the ads that has already been posted. No smart TV setting under store etc. Any tips because this is obnoxious!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount pop up ads

What channels are you watching when this happens, any in particular?  Paramount is part of the Viacom/CBS conglomerate -- I'm suspicious that Viacom may be doing this on their stations.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos