Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonispille
Reel Rookie

Paramount plus region not supported

Same thing started for me on Saturday. I've rebooted TV's and Routers, uninstalled/install the channel and still nothing. I can't even log in to Paramount from my PC. I disabled WIFI on my phone and was able to log in to Paramount using cellular data with no problem. I am in Delaware and use a local WIFI service that I love and has excellent service, unlike Comcast and Verizon. They are looking into the issue. I called Paramount on Sunday morning and the customer service person I spoke with had no advice and escalated it to another department, still waiting for an answer from them. I don't think it's a ROKU issue but Paramount takes it upon itself to block ISP they "think" may be out of the country. 

9 REPLIES 9
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount plus region not supported

Hi, @tonispille

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we acknowledge the concern you've encountered. For now, we recommend reaching out to the internet service provider since this issue is related to the configuration of your network and its location.

We hope this will be sorted out soon.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tonispille
Reel Rookie

My ISP fixed the problem. Made a change, rebooted my service and I'm back on. Had the same problem a few years ago when I tried to subscribe to HULU LIveTV,. It worked for about 2 days and then I was blocked. My ISP tried working out a solution but HULU wouldn't cooperate, so I cancelled HULU LiveTV. Since that time, HULU and the ISP have sorted it out as well. 

0 Kudos

I too am having the problem which likely began around that time frame with Uverse and a TCL/Roku TV.  I can watch on my Apple IPAD over wireless without issues.  I also noticed on my TV that my last ROKU software update was 1/24/24 and is version 12.5.5 Build 4174.  Is it a coincidence that this SOFTWARE UPDATE process fails after step 1 of 3 and states it is "unable to connect to the Internet"?  When I am watching everything else on the same TV streaming HBO, Prime, Netflix etc? 

I have reset everything and still unable to connect. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @davidjharrison6,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for reaching out!

This sounds like a network connectivity issue with your device. Let's see if this applies to this case.

Reset the network connection

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. Select Advanced system settings.
  4. Select Network connection reset.
  5. Select Reset connection.

Let us know how things turn out.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FTzFL
Reel Rookie

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, es hängt aber nicht mit dem Netzwerk zusammen. 

Es hängt damit zusammen das mein kundenkonto, mittlerweile das dritte, von eurer Kontoverwaltung immer der falschen region zugeordnet wird, obwohl Dienste wie My IP mit korrekt verorten! 

Ich habe dies schon 2021, dem Support gemeldet und es kam auch nach dem dritten Benutzerkonto immer wieder die Aufforderung mir doch ein neues Konto zu erstellen.

Was ich schon ab dem zweoten falsch zugeordnetem Konto als Bu.... und nicht lösungsorientiwrt, sprich Callcenter antwort auslege. 

Der Vorschlag des Manuellen regionswechsels im Benutzerkonto, wurde mut "geht nicht" beantwortet, dabei ist das ein Erstsemesterthema im IT-Studium. 

Btw. Nicht nur Paramount+ hat das regionsproblem auch AmazonMusic, und sowohl Amazon als auch Paramount sagen das Regionsproblem liegt nicht an deren App! 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FTzFL,

Greetings from the Roku Community, and thanks for keeping us posted!

Please be aware that the Roku Community only supports the English language, and we had to use Google Translate to understand your concern. We want to further investigate this issue that you had. Where are you currently located right now? Are you using a VPN?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paipao120

I have the same issue, I did call my internet provider and it seems of all the tv in the house this is the only showing the message for paramount plus, saying out of region.. mind you we live in California 

0 Kudos
FTzFL
Reel Rookie

Hallo

Das die Community nur in Englisch geführt wird spricht ebenfalls nicht für ihr Unternehmen.

Der Google Übersetzer, übersetzt in meiner Meldung ebenfalls den Punkt, dass IP Localisationsseiten wie MyIp mich in deutschland verorten also die Location auf Deutschland setzen.  

Was ihre Frage nach einem VPN und nach meinem derzeitigen Standort schon im ersten Post beantwortet. 

In soweit ist ihre Antwort für mich die Bestätigung der schlechten Bewertung ihres Unternehmens! 

Nach Zwei jahren hat die korrekte Lokalisierung bei Amazon Music mal geklappt. 

Die Zeit werde ich bei Paramount+ nicht warten. 

Sie sollten das Accountmanagment als auch die Lokalisierung des Nutzerkontos entsprechend anpassen. 

An meinem Urteil, gegenüber ihres Unternehmens wird sich bisher nichts ändern. 

0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Paipao120,

Thanks for posting here, and welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you contacting us for support about the playback issue you are experiencing with Paramount+ on your Roku device/TV. No worries! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

We need to know if your subscription is under Roku or directly from the app. If it is from Roku, we advise you to cancel your subscription first to remove the app, then restart the system and re-install the channel. You can also visit our support page to learn how to remove channels from your Roku streaming device. If the issue persists, we highly suggest you directly contact the Paramount+ channel regarding this concern because many channels/apps on Roku are created, maintained, and updated by the channel providers. You can contact them here:  Paramount+ customer service. 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos