Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ponchoiram

Paramount plus region not supported

I live in the us, 

Texas

I downloaded the channel on my roku tv.

But when i open it it shows

Your region is not supported.

We detect you're in the US  

So?

I cant access the channel.

0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
mmebiggleton
Reel Rookie

Re: Paramount plus region not supported

I have this exact problem at the moment. Did you find a way to fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @mmebiggleton

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? In what region are you located in the moment?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
mmebiggleton
Reel Rookie

Hi,

I am in the US and I have a Paramount plus account in the US but when I open the app on my Roku TV, it says the region is not supported and underneath it says it detects I am in the US.

I initially bought my TV when I was living in Canada, would that be the reason why it is not working?

Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

@mmebiggleton

Thanks for the reply.

If you are using a Roku account that wasn't originated in the region in which you are using your device, you may encounter issues within a channel. i.e. If you are using a device linked to a different location, in the US or another region.

To resolve your issue, we would recommend creating a new Roku account. Since you're in the US, the account's region will automatically be set in the US as well. If you don't have any extra email address and you want to use the same email you are using at the moment, you can deactivate your existing Roku account then create a new one using the same credentials.

If you need help with the suggestions above, you can visit these links:

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yvette132

My paramount has worked on the ROKU up until 2 days ago and now it has that same message, not supported in your area.  I haven’t moved and I’m in New Mexico 

RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Yvette132,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community!

Have you tried the suggestion provided in the post above? May we know what Roku device you're using? Please also provide us with the troubleshooting you've done so we know what steps to take next.
With more information, we can assist you further.

Thanks, 

Anjelie 

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kayydukes

the same thing is happening to my account, just went to use the app and it’s sending me the same error that my region is not supported i am in the US and haven’t left my location. HELP please 😞

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate you for joining us here at the Roku Community, @kayydukes!

Thanks for raising your concern with us. No worries; we're here to find you the best resolution possible. As a workaround, here's what we can suggest. Kindly try to remove the Pramaount app by navigating to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing "Remove channel." After doing so, try restarting your device from Settings > System > Power >System Restart. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku channel store and add the channel again. 

Let us know if the troubleshooting procedure works. We'll be looking forward to your update! 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paulasx

Hi.

I'm in the UK. My paramount plus was working until 2 days ago. Now it says its not available in my region. I do not have the option to remove the channel when I try options above. I am not happy paying for a subscription I cannot access. Please advise. Rebooting has not worked and my acct is linked to my email address so I do not want to try making another account.