Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pjfcomp

Paramount plus is crashing

Not resolved.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount plus is crashing

Hi @pjfcomp,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

Could you provide us with more details about your concern? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? Does the issue only occur on that specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
draco1799

same here. on my roku tv only paramount crashes its everytime i click a profile it brings me back to the roku home page. no other app is doing this. tried removing and redownloading didnt help

0 Kudos
dserban

I can confirm mine is doing this as well, on all of my 5 roku devices.  This is frustrating.

Also, only on Roku, and only this channel, cleared cache after deleting the channel and then re-installed it.

Please provide an update.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @draco1799,

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Please be advised that when removing the channel, please make sure that you are restarting your Roku device before adding the channel back again.
If you are still unable to resolve this, we recommend contacting Paramount+ support directly regarding the issue you are running into. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel providers themselves.

You can reach Paramount+ support here.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
aplst2

I have not been able to stream Paramount+ since 12-13-2023. I have tried every single suggestion regarding updating the app, deleting and re-adding app and restarting Roku in the process, resetting the router, etc.

Steps to recreate error:  Go to Paramount+, click on a show to watch, and click play. It attempts to load but then you receive the message "Error: Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again."

Model:  4210X - Roku 2
SN:   5Y2599031420
Software version:    12.5.0 - build 4182-0

Version 8.9 - build 202312052

tracker ID:  ID 20-501-464

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aplst2,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you're having a playback issue when trying to access Paramount Plus and thanks for sharing this information along with the troubleshooting you've tried.

In addition, we would also suggest accessing it using a mobile hotspot or any alternative network then try again to see if that makes a difference.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Username66

WHY IS PARAMOUNT+  THE ONLY STREAMING AP ON ROKU THAT CONSTANTLY BACKS OUT OF PROGRAMMING BACK TO THE RESUME/RESTART SCREEN OVER AND OVER AGAIN MAKING CONTENT UNWATCHABLE????    THIS HAS GONE ON FOR FAR TOO LONG, WHEN WILL YOU FINALLY GET A DEVELOPER TO FIX THIS GD AP ???!!!

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Username66,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Paramount+ channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

Let us know how it works, and we will continue to assist you further.

Regards,                                                                                                                                            John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos