Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalyp_50
Channel Surfer

Paramount+on roku channel app not playing

I have subscription to "Paramount+ on Roku" subscribed via roku but it does not load when i press the play button like it used to. I wanted to uninstall the app and reinstall it but when i press *, theres no option to remove the channel.. i unsubscribed but still no option to remove the channel. How do i get the programmes to play?

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Paramount+on roku channel app not playing

Experiencing the same problem. Paramount account is active but no luck

Kalyp_50
Channel Surfer

If theres no solution to this issue, i guess unsubscribing is the only option. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kalyp_50 @Driftbuster,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for reporting this behavior going on when accessing Paramount+. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Could you tell us if you're seeing an error message every time you access it? Does this case only affect this channel, or is it affecting the rest of the channels on the platform as well?

We would also recommend taking a closer look at some troubleshooting here: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Please get back to us and keep us updated on how things go.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kalyp_50
Channel Surfer

I'm able to play contents on any other channels with no issues.

The issue i have is with Paramount+ on Roku (subscribed via Roku Channel). There is no error msg whatsoever. Theres only a single beep after pressing play now button, but nothing loads after the selection. I can go to the see more episodes selection to view the list of episodes, but when i scroll to any other episodes, same issue. 

I couldn't even remove the channel for troubleshooting since I'm subscribed to it. No such option when i press the * button while selecting the channel. Any reason why this is so? Could it be a bug because of software updates? (My roku is even up to the latest software update)

I'm now stopping my recurring payments and hope that i could delete the channel when my subscription ends on the 18th for trouble shooting.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kalyp_50,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We will be more than happy to assist you further with the issue that you're experiencing with the Paramount+ channel. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting Check for updates.

You can also check out this support article on how to remove channels from your Roku streaming device.

Please keep us posted on what you find out, and we will continue to assist you further.

All the best,

John 

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kalyp_50
Channel Surfer

20230912_074234.jpg

No such option

0 Kudos
Jacksullva
Reel Rookie

Same problem here. App is up to date. Roku Ultra is up to date. Roku has been restarted multiple times. Talked to P+ Chat agent who did something from their end and closed my ticket. I can view programs on my computer but not on My Roku attached to TV. No option to remove P+ app as indicated by others. Beginning to think it’s a Roku problem. All other streaming services work fine. Frustrating. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kalyp_50 @Jacksullva,

Thanks for your prompt response!

We'd like to take a closer look into this case, and we'll need your help.

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once information is available, we'll be able to forward this to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

We'll be looking forward to it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kalyp_50
Channel Surfer

Devide model: 4800X Roku Ultra

Serial No: X010000DXKR6

Device ID: S02A209DXKR6

Tracker ID R6-367-260

Can't seem to attach videos here. Please let me know where to email them to. 

0 Kudos