Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubbs860
Level 7

Paramount live TV freezes every day

Paramount freezes on both my tvs both are roku

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Paramount live TV freezes every day

Hi @Bubbs860

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku devices? 

Moreover, removing the channel and then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Navigate to Settings > System Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

Let us know if this works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Kroberts1140
Level 7

Very common issue with Paramount Plus app.  Restarting does absolutely nothing.  Try putting on the end of a show that you had watched and hope that it auto starts the ine that you want, or try power cycling your modem. Only thing you can do until Paramount Plus starts owning the issue, because it's them. 

0 Kudos
OG
Level 9

Same issue here. The Paramount+ app(s) are not good. While trying to watch one of the playoff games last night, it would throw an error every couple minutes, (and of course, right at critical moments). Other times it would just hang there, but last night it kept throwing an error code which read: "Error. Unfortunately, an error occurred during playback. Please try again."

From my experience, I don't believe this is a Roku-specific issue. The Paramount+ app is extremely glitchy on all devices I have it on, (iPad, 2 Vizio TVs, 2 Roku players). None of the other apps installed on these devices do this...only Paramount+. So yes, I agree, this is Paramount's problem. Very disappointing to say the least, as this is a paid subscription! It has me considering dropping my subscription. If enough folks were to boycott them, perhaps that would get their attention.

And just for the record, our network speed is 300 Mbps, and the Rokus indicate "excellent" signal strength.