Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
waross

Paramount Plus works on laptop but not on Roku

Paramount Plus plays on my laptop, but not on my Roku. Paramount Plus will load. When I try to look at the episode list of a series it sometimes switches to the Roku home screen.

Sometimes, I can see the episode list, but when I try to select an episode it defaults to the Roku home screen. Sometimes an episode will load and start to play. It never plays for more than 10 or 15 seconds and then defaults to the Roku home screen. I have never gotten further than that, This has been going on for over a week now. 

• Did I check for existing topics? Yes, but no help
  • I checked for Roku updates. Up to date.
  • I checked for Paramount Plus updates. Up to date.
  • I reloaded the lates Roku version. No help.
  • I unplugged the Roku for long enough that it had to reload. No joy.
  • I checked again for Roku updates. No joy.
  • I uninstalled Paramount Plus and re-installed it. No joy.
  • I went back to the help topics. The only pertinent topics either suggested fixes that I have already tried or were unanswered.

I checked my sign-in. As far as I can see, I am using the same user name and password on both my laptop (It works) and on my Roku. This issue appeared, uninvited, over a week ago. I did not, to my knowledge change any settings or preferences. Did I mention that I have uninstalled and re-installed both Roku and Paramount Plus several times? Did I mention that I have checked for updates on both Roku and Paramount Plus several times? What do I do next?

8 REPLIES 8
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus works on laptop but not on Roku

The correct procedure for app troubleshooting uninstalling and reinstalling is:

1) Remove the Paramount Plus app

2) Restart the Roku (Settings/System/System restart/restart)  <- MUST DO THIS HERE!!

3) Add the Paramount Plus app

Otherwise, settings/data/cache associated with the app that may be causing the issue aren't cleared.

Also, you did not provide your model # or firmware version/build (Settings/System/About).

lucyfpii

I did all the steps you suggested, several times, but Paramount Plus is still not working on my roku devices! Please help!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Derrick4405,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.
A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 
1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
4. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
5. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

We also recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Keegah

No option to remove channel

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Keegah

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Friends, it doesn't matter what you do, Paramount+ just won't work. I've been working with the CBS Interactive team for WEEKS. Doesn't matter. Nothing works. 

NOTHING. That includes:

1. Clearing Roku cache
  2. Disabling Network Pings
  3. Uninstalling/reinstalling the latest Paramount+ app
  4. Disabling bandwidth saver
  5. Using a direct Cat5/cat6 cable, then a wireless connection
  6. Restarting the Roku TV
  7. Unplugging/replugging in the TV (hard reset)
  8. Restarting the modem
  9. Restarting the router
  10. Pulling out my **bleep**ing hair

EVERY OTHER CHANNEL - all of them - work on our TCL 65" Roku screen. Only Paramount+ doesn't work there. That, despite it working just fine on all of our other devices. 

So save your time, effort, and energy: it's just a bad product. You've not done anything wrong. 

I'm hopeful they'll update the app sometime soon, but, honestly, I'm not counting on it. My ticket's been open for weeks. 

By the way, here's their tech support #: (888) 274-5343, 7 days a week, from 9am-midnight EST. 

Thank me (or not) later. 

0 Kudos
Conk
Reel Rookie

Paramount plus support had me restart my router and it worked!

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Tried everything with this app.  Restarts, cache clearing, full factory reset of 4K stick, modem & router restarts.  No joy and no option on my Roku Dolby Vision 4K stick to uninstall. The app simply crashes at startup.  Trying various different internet connections to the 4K stick has no effect, the app seems completly broken. I went for the quickest solution.  Subscription to Paramount+ cancelled.  A complete pile of amateur junk that simply refuses to work.  A bunch of utter thieves. 

I now would like advice from ROKU about how to claim my subscription back for a Paramount+ app that has its subscription paid up until 22.12/2023 but is unusable on the ROKU platform.  The subscription was paid for through ROKU, hence the ridiculous inability to uninstall the piece of junk.

0 Kudos