Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RCF
Binge Watcher

Re: Paramount Plus not working

Jump to solution

Bottom line:  I had CBS all access/ROKU for years (5, I think)--it worked PERFECTLY--I expect Paramount Plus/Roku to do the same.  I am now paying twice as much for TERRIBLE results I am a cord cutter.

0 Kudos
Swasha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

When I click on the Paramount+ app it opens just fine and even allows me to choose a program, then as it tries to load I get bounced back out to the home page. Every time. I’ve tried all the solutions you’ve proffered and none have worked. 

My Roku info is as follows:

Model:       3710RW - Roku Express+

S/N:           YU00DA084422

Device ID:  A9274D084422

I don’t see any software/OS info.

Paramount Plus Version 5.2 / Build 20210421

0 Kudos
Swasha
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I just did the Issue Tracker thing and the ID number is: 22-189-492 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ibaguru
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Roku TV 5317x

Sharp Model LC-43lb48iu

2NOODP362867

SOFTWARE 10.0.0 BUILD 4195-13

I've cancelled and deleted the channel so I don't have that anymore to replicate - now subscribed to CBS via PRIME

It only happened for me when I tried to watch the live local affiliate - the picture would blink and then the audio and picture were out of sync and then it would crash.

0 Kudos
614vl
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did the update and restart and it's not working!!

0 Kudos
Apetit

Jump to solution

Hi Danny, I followed the steps listed and even after removing the channel, rebooting, adding it back it co tiniest I crash. I’m able to stream live tv for about 10 seconds before the tv turns to slow motion, the voices and video aren’t synced and then I get the black screen with the blue arrow. Please help. 

0 Kudos
Xcd1Jen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Still buffers and audio out of sync on Paramount + CBS

ROKU Insignia TV.

All other streaming channels seem to work (Hulu, Netflix, etc.). I have tried all trouble shooting steps here more than once. 

I’m wondering why I am paying for Paramount +.

0 Kudos
Xcd1Jen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@Apetit  Exact description of what I’m experiencing.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

This is a long thread and many just come in and add to it without reading what has already been written.  So you may have read some of this before but many will not have.

You should all know that each channel provider creates and maintains the specific version of their app that runs on the Roku system.  Roku just provides the platform on which it runs. Because each platform has to have its own custom channel-provided version of the channel app, it's not unusual for one platform to exhibit a problem when another platform does not.

The remove-restart-reinstall process should get you a complete installation of the latest version of the channel app.  This can fix things if the problem was caused by a corrupted, out of date, or incomplete installation of the app.  If the problem then persists with that channel while other channels work without a hitch, it generally means there is a problem with the channel-provided app that only the channel provider can fix.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Xcd1Jen
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

makaiguy, Thank you for your reply. I will try the suggested process again (3rd try) but My Roku Insignia Smart TV is the only device that has problems streaming Paramount + CBS. My tablet, cell phone, and computer don't exhibit the buffering and audio synching issues however, I prefer to watch Paramount/CBS on my TV. 

Cg
0 Kudos