Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RGTampa

Paramount Plus audio and video is out of sync on my Roku device

Jump to solution

CBS Live on Paramount Plus has audio/video sync issues. The longer you watch the worse it becomes. Only happens on CBS Live. Have unplugged the ROKU power supply and the router power supply. No help. Hope someone has a solution.

No other app is affected; Netflix, Amazon, Sling, IMDB. Contacted customer support. Found out what most all have found out. They are useless. Say they will contact you via email. Has not happened.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus audio and video is out of sync on my Roku device

Jump to solution

Hey @dfry

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Does the issue only occur on Paramount Plus or across other channels installed on your Roku? If it's just on one channel, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can contact Paramount Plus Support here.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Paramount Plus Audio Video Sync Issues

Jump to solution

Settings > System > About

What Roku model number? What Software version

There have been reports in the past regarding some apps gettin out of sync when certain audio features are enabled, including leveling. I never experienced them, so I didn't pay that close attention to it, but other long-time users may remember. Not sure if this has returned, but the OS version might help determine that. And some of the ore knowledgable users may be able to offer better guidance beyond turning off leveling (if it's on).

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

DonnS
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same issue. Only Paramount + live TV affected. Other Paramount + content streams fine. Hope they can fix this. Same problem with Hitachi Roku TV and Roku 2. Must be the Paramount + app on the Roku devices. Paramount + live TV on my phone on same house wifi works fine.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@DonnS

Thanks for the post.

Are you experiencing this audio video sync issue on just the Paramount+ channel on your Roku devices or on other channels as well?

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Paramount+ channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

You can reach them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Rodcrandall0822
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No luck bud from cbs. Had to say goodbye til they figure it out

dearlaura

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem with Paramount Plus live CBS, on my tv, with Roku streaming. It starts just fine, then the lapse in audio, then rebooting. It works great on my laptop and iPad, connected to the same wifi. I don't have any problem with any other streaming channels. Help!

0 Kudos
heschoone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R I have a ticket open with Paramount+ but it appears to be a Roku specific issue. Some form of interoperability issue between Paramount+ and Roku for Live TV (at least that is all I have observed it on) that was just introduced several weeks ago -- it worked fine before. I experience the issue on 2 different Roku devices but Paramount+ Live TV via my Amazon firestick works just fine.  As does login from my laptop.

0 Kudos
TimCA
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  Works fine on stand alone Mac, works fine on standalone iPad, works fine when Mac casts to LG TV's Chromecast. 

Paramount + live has audio sync issue when Roku streams Paramount + live.  No issue when Roku streams Paramount + non live.   

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@heschoone wrote:

@RokuDanny-R I have a ticket open with Paramount+ but it appears to be a Roku specific issue. Some form of interoperability issue between Paramount+ and Roku for Live TV (at least that is all I have observed it on) that was just introduced several weeks ago -- it worked fine before. I experience the issue on 2 different Roku devices but Paramount+ Live TV via my Amazon firestick works just fine.  As does login from my laptop.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider creates and maintains the specific version of their app that runs on the Roku system. The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run. Because each platform (Roku, firestick, etc.) has to have its own custom channel-provided version of the channel app, it's not unusual for one platform to exhibit a problem when another platform does not.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
heschoone
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@makaiguy Thanks, I already performed EVERY single workaround for channel issues from Roku and Paramount+ and other sites including what you list. I understand that the channel provider makes the app for the device, but they have to do this with some coordination with the device maker.  I already have a ticket logged with Paramount+.  I have had it open since this started.  There has been NO progress.  I am hoping that maybe Roku has someone on their end who can help get the issue moving and resolved.  The more people encountering it that see this and post may help to highlight the issue.