Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valwill59

Paramount Plus: Unable to sign in

I installed Paramount plus and it asks for my sign in with my Roku sign in and it tells me it's a error. I don't understand why I'm not able to sign in on that app. Can someone give me a correct answer for this issue?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Paramount Plus: Unable to sign in

Hi @valwill59 

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us the error you're getting when you try to sign in to Paramount Plus? If it's says something like an incorrect password or username, I'd recommend reaching out to Paramount's customer support team to report the issue and for further help. Channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel provider. They can resolve the error you are having with channel login.

You can contact them here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/ 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Brenda64-

I have the same problem. I've tried multiple different ways on app , by TV and by Web. I also tried calling Customer Service a few weeks ago. I seem to be caught in a loop. I want Paramount + for the yearly rate. Someone must not want my money or me to have this channel! Help?? 

0 Kudos
ghough01

Unable to sign in. I click on send me a new password with my email address [personal information]. Nothing shows up at my email with a new password. Please help. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @ghough01

Thanks for the post.

Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel provider. We suggest reaching out to Paramount Plus' customer support team to report the issue and get help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@ghough01 

In addition to what @RokuKariza-D said, have you checked your spam filter? Sometimes emails get caught by it. Mine (Gmail, by Google) was recently filtering all Roku emails, so it can suddenly happen. Check your spam queue, if you haven't already done that.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

I had to take off Paramount to get it to play I was sign in till 4/15/23

0 Kudos
dmms
Channel Surfer

I enrolled in PP through the Walmart promo (join Walmart+ and get PP free). I followed all directions on WM website. I created a PP login/pw; I used the same login info for both WM+ and PP+.

WM+ logs in fine; PP+ returns a "invalid email and/or password". Please, before replying, note that I am a professor of semiotics with a doctoral degree in language theory. I have advanced degrees; I speak 4 languages and read/write 6. I've employed every suggestion here, on PP+ Help page, and on WM+ help page. Nothing works.

PP+ wait times for Support or Cust. Svc. are 40 minutes to an hour. Their "change PW" function doesn't work; it claims it has sent an email with a link to make that change. No email received after multiple tries, neither in Inbox, Spam, Trash, etc.

Conclusion: PP+ is overwhelmed with this problem and new subscribers. Their Help system doesn't work and they don't have enough personnel to fix it. They are victims of the "be careful what you wish for", because they wanted new subscribers but were unprepared for them.

"1923" wasn't that good anyway (Ford and Mirren both look like movie stars decked out in dress-up costumes reading lines they don't believe in; Mirren has moments, but the 1st episode was like a lead weigh).

I don't expect Roku to do anything about this, other than communicating to PP that they have many unhappy users and PP needs to fix this before they become victims in the inevitable winnowing of excess and poorly managed streaming channels (Note Apple, Disney, Hulu-- at lease one of you will be gone in a year, so you better merge, and keep your customers happy.)

0 Kudos