Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xelaju
Reel Rookie

Paramount Plus Live Sports Not Playing

Jump to solution

Paramount Plus works for shows and movies but live sports will not play. I have updated the app and I keep my player. I have same issue logged into CBS Sports with my paramount account.

I have a fiber gigabit connection and I don't have problems streaming live sports through for example ESPN. It's not a bandwidth limitation. 

When I start Paramount lives sports, soccer matches, I just get a black screen that says live guide at the bottom.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dom_P

Re: Paramount Plus Live Sports Not Playing

Jump to solution

FYI. I got it to work. Seems an ad blocking issue. Specifically paramount+ needs to be allowed to get to pubads.g.doubleclick.net. It is ridiculous that this is needed but I setup my firewall to allow outbound access for Roku devices and now live games load properly. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dom_P

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on multiple Roku devices. Replay of the event works fine however live streaming shows a black screen 

0 Kudos
Dom_P

Jump to solution

FYI. I got it to work. Seems an ad blocking issue. Specifically paramount+ needs to be allowed to get to pubads.g.doubleclick.net. It is ridiculous that this is needed but I setup my firewall to allow outbound access for Roku devices and now live games load properly. 

HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Dom_P Since live sports depend on advertisement revenue I am not suprised that live sports will not play with an add blocker enbabled.  

0 Kudos
xelaju
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You may be onto something. I see my a ton of ad blocks for my roku devices. 

Mike

0 Kudos
ShoeLady

Jump to solution

same problem.  Two different Roku devices do not work with live soccer streaming on P+ (Serie A and UEFA).  Replays of past soccer games work fine.

0 Kudos
xelaju
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It's working for me now after I allowed traffic to the ad site listed in the other site. Their implementation on that is extremely clumsy to say the least but it is what it is. 

0 Kudos