Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TripodBob38
Binge Watcher

Paramount+ FF/RW, Pause, and resume problems

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra (4800 series) 
I have Paramount+ app version 8.8 build 20231113 installed.  The app updated on Nov 15th or 16th.  Since then the app has serious problem.  When you push the pause button the playback is paused, but when either push the pause button or play button to resume playback you are immediately taken back to the beginning of the title.  If you try to rewind you are immediately sent back to the start of the title.  However, if you try to fast forward you are immediately sent to the end of the title.

YES - I tried Paramount support.
All I get is the same basic canned responses.

1. Power Cycle
  2. uninstall - reboot - reinstall
  3. factory reset - reinstall
  4. wait for next update

Tracker report info:   HT-484-049
Model:  4801RW
System ID: S0DD336JSRHT
OS Ver: 12.5.0 build 4178-DE
 Paramount+ Ver:  8.8 Build 20231113   

Anyone else see this?  Suggetions?
This Roku Ultra (4800 series) isn't three weeks old yet and I have already had to factory reset the thing 27 times so far. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Paramount+ FF/RW, Pause, and resume problems

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @arhurtado!

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issues you are experiencing with the Paramount Plus channel. We suggest some troubleshooting steps to help you get back on streaming. 

Kindly troubleshoot the channel by following the steps provided below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and choose Store, look for the app, then press Add channel

You may refer to our support article dedicated to this: How to resolve a channel playback issue

Furthermore, we suggest resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, re-pair it to see if this will make any difference. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 REPLIES 19
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @TripodBob38

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention as well as providing the information regarding the issue you've encountered. May we know if you've noticed this with other apps/channels? Additionally, have you observed this issue occur with both of your Roku streaming devices?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TripodBob38
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

No, this is only occurs in the Paramount+ app.

Yes it happens on both devices. 4801RW & 4630x

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @TripodBob38 

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We'll take note of the information you've provided with us, and we'll pass it forward to the appropriate Roku team.

We appreciate you for brining this to our attention, and if there's anything you would like to be assisted with, feel feel to reach out.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Brazilchick32
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This has been happening to me for about a month but only with the Rumble app on Roku. My Paramount+ works fine.  When I pause and press play on Rumble it jumps back anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour.  It's extremely frustrating.  Hard to tell if it is a Roku issue or an individual app issue. I've tried resetting Roku but it's still currently happening. 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Brazilchick32,

Thanks for joining us here in the Roku Community!

We value your input on this playback problem that you are having. We advise contacting the channel support staff and requesting assistance with this first. It is advised to get in touch with the channel team if troubleshooting has been attempted but has not been successful. Roku only host the channel available on the platform.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jthestrup

Jump to solution

I have the same problem only on Paramount+. All other streaming services just fine with Roku tv remote.

Brazilchick32
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Interesting.  Makes me think it has to be a Roku issue then.  I contacted Rumble and they have no other complaints of my issue. And Paramount+ is fine for me. Hopefully, someone can figure this out.  

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Warmest welcome here in the Roku Community, @Jthestrup!

We appreicate you for raising your concern here with us and we regret to hear about the experience. 

In this instance, it is highly recommended to contact the channel provider themselves just like what @RokuERey suggested as this is an isolated case within the app. It is also worth taking note that channel providers themselves such as Paramount+ are the ones who maintain their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

Visit their official support website to help you reach them. 

We hope you get everything sorted out soon! 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CMG72

Jump to solution

Same thing happens for me. Only paramount plus, I can't resume an episode I stopped and came out of. I can use a different profile or I can restart the episode from the start but it won't resume. Seem like it's timing out searching to restart.