Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User6599
Reel Rookie

Over heating roku box happens a lot

My Roku keeps overheating.  It is NOT behind the TV and has plenty of air flow around it.  It’s really a pain to have to keep shutting the tv off to let it cool.  It happens all the time.  I want a replacement sent.  My other Roku devices don’t overheat ever.  Just this one.  I would hope you would stand behind your product.  

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Over heating roku box happens a lot

@User6599, if it's still under warranty:

Step by step instructions for returns and warranty replacements | Official Roku Support

If it's not, umm... good luck.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
User6599
Reel Rookie

It isn’t under warranty.  Roku obviously doesn’t stand behind their product.  It seems to be a known issue they chose not to directly address.  It isn’t behind the tv there’s nothing blocking it.  There is no obvious reason for it to overheat 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @User6599,

Thanks for posting to the Roku Community!

We understand you are having problems with your Roku overheating. We're happy to help. Please try these steps:

1. Carefully unplug the power cable from your Roku player and allow it to cool down.
  2. Find a cooler location for your Roku player; avoid placing the unit:
    1. Inside a cabinet or other closed space;
    2. On top of other electronic devices such as cable boxes, routers, or audio/video receivers,
    3. In direct sunlight.
  3. Wait at least 10 minutes for your Roku player to cool down. Once cooled, plug the power cable back in and wait for the Roku player to power on. If you still see the above message or the Roku player shows a SOLID RED LIGHT, then immediately unplug the power cable.
  4. Repeat step 3 one more time. If the problem persists, then you should stop using your Roku player.

You can check out this link here for more details on what to do if your device is overheating.

All the best,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos