Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chicagotope
Reel Rookie

Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

When I hopped on Roku this morning, I noticed that I only had 36 apps showing. At one point recently, I had almost 100 apps. Where did all my apps go? I tried just restarting the Roku, and that didn't help. I did add one app back on this morning, and it logged me into it without having to add my user name or password.  Are all the apps just hidden somewhere? TIA

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Over Half my apps are gone from home screen

Hi @chicagotope,

Thanks for the first post in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing. When did the issue start? Did you receive an error code or message? Are you still seeing the Roku logo? In addition, can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chicagotope
Reel Rookie

I first noticed it Thursday morning at work. Right now, I have 3 different numbers showing. Bedroom TV has all 100 apps. Living Room TV Roku, which is at work, shows 41. My newest, the Roku Ultra LT, which is in my actual Living Room, shows 37 apps. Screen shots in additional message.

No error codes or messages.

0 Kudos
chicagotope
Reel Rookie

Work TV HomeWork TV HomeWork TV SystemWork TV SystemLiving Room HomeLiving Room HomeLiving Room SystemLiving Room SystemBedroom HomeBedroom HomeBedroom SystemBedroom System

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @chicagotope,

A friendly welcome from the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Are both your Roku devices under the same account?

To confirm, please go to Settings> System> About.

Each Roku account stores information about the Roku streaming devices linked to it, along with the channels that are installed and purchased, as well as the preferences and account settings.

When you link multiple Roku devices to a single Roku account, the channels and purchases will be the same on each device. When a channel is added or removed on one device, the channel is automatically added or removed on all devices linked to that account that support the channel.

• Note:
    • Channels must be activated separately on each Roku device.
    • Roku devices automatically check every 24 to 36 hours for changes and updates. If you would like to check for an update immediately, go to your Roku device and select Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
chicagotope
Reel Rookie

Apps don't need to be added separately on each device. All my Roku devices are on the same account, so I when I add an app on one, it shows up on the other ones.

Update on me losing apps: I got this from a Roku app developer.

"In case anyone noticed that some channels have disappeared, this is because as of January 18th Roku began closing out channels which were made with their original developer design system. All channels were given about 5 or 6 months notice to re-write and re-publish their channels."

Roku support must not have known about this.

0 Kudos