Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Flatz9

Our internet is out for the week but im getting live TV and can't understand why.

To be clear: I only subscribe to internet service. The wifi network is active but there's no signal so no one can surf the internet or watch videos on other devices or pc.  I have a TCL Roku TV. My other TV has an antenna so I can watch local channels (abc, fox, metal, etc) but my Roku TV can access these random channels similar to how pluto TV works. One of the current channels is Ion/mystery as an example. I just want an explanation. Does roku broad lcast their own OTA channels that only roku TV receives?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Our internet is out for the week but im getting live TV and can't understand why.

I am able to pickup Ion Mystery on my regular Antenna/OTA TVs.  What channel is it showing for Ion Mystery?  If you were picking it up from the Roku Channel, it would show channel 528.

---

More likely explanation is that the TV tuner in your RokuTV may be better than your other tuners in your other TVs and you are simply able to access more Antenna/OTA channels through the RokuTV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos