Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theferretdude
Reel Rookie

On Now live channels added to home screen

An apparent update has given to all my Rokus 'On Now' live channels to my home screens. 

I have attempted to turn off all home screen options: What to watch, live TV, sports etc...nothing will get rid of the 'On Now' live channels.   I do not want it on my home screen.  

Please give option to remove

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
succy

Re: On Now live channels added to home screen

no way to change atm. contact roku support and let them know you hate the change. the more of us that do it hopefully will show roku that it was a dumb change and maybe will revert??

theferretdude
Reel Rookie

Tysm succy.  I thought I had done something wrong. Agreed, it's terrible.   I'll be reaching out to CS in the morning

mlkmnsgrl
Channel Surfer

Yeah I talked to CS yesterday and they said “sorry we’ll pass on your feedback” 🙄 And until then I’m probably going to have to unplug the thing to protect my kids from wandering in there and seeing heaven only knows what. Infuriating.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Would you mind specifying the following:

• Roku device model
  • Current OS version

Also, may we know when you started seeing these changes?

With more details, we'll be able to understand this better and provide an accurate resolution.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
mlkmnsgrl
Channel Surfer

3900X Roku Express

12.5.0 build 4175 (checked for updates and it says it's current; last updated 10/16)

"On Now" showed up at the top of the Home Screen yesterday. I did a chat with customer service and was informed it is a new feature and is not optional. He said he'd pass my complaint to developers. It's an entire new section above the section labeled Apps where my 5 channels are.

This is a deal breaker for my family. We will trash our Roku if this can't be turned off in the next week. I'd rather have no tv than have little kids get free uncontrolled access to whatever. If I go into those live channels and press *, it gives me an option to manage channels (press ok to hide). I hid every channel exept Little House on the Prairie to see what it would do and nothing changed. No channels are hidden and any channel in the manage channels list I pause on too long it turns on. There is no asking for my PIN, there is no hiding channels, no acknowledgement that I've disabled live tv in my settings. Completely non-responsive.

theferretdude
Reel Rookie

4800X ver. 12.0.0:4184

4802X ver. 12.0.0:4184

Those are the 2 main Rokus for living room and my bedroom.

I have quite a few older ones I purchased over the years that get used for guest use, traveling, bringing my parents out of the dark ages and into the joys of using the Roku...well at least until now...so haven't been able to check those yet.

Agree with others, If this not a feature that I cannot disable, I will not be purchasing future models

mlkmnsgrl
Channel Surfer

For half the day today it disappeared. Then it came back but instead of the 2 suggested channels being news stations, they switched to Little House on the Prairie and Family Feud, which were 2 of a handful of channels I didn't hide on the 24th when I selected one of these On Now channels and then hit * and found the Manage Channels option where it said I could hide channels (even though none of them disappeared from the live tv lineup this On Now section leads to if you choose 'see more/all'). This is convoluted, so I don't know if it makes sense.

Regardless, I had such hope this morning when it was gone and now it's back. I went in a hid those handful of channels not hidden on the 24th and did a forced restart of the Roku. It still shows up with those channels as the suggestions, but if I choose See All/More (whatever it is) it still shows every single station and then it's one more click away for my kids to land on the Horror Movie channel or who knows what.

But yeah, it seems something is being fiddled with, but it didn't stick.

I have a Roku 4800X.
Software version 12.5.0 build 4178
I just checked for an update - there weren't any. 12.5.0 - 4178 is apparently the latest for my device.

"On Live" is taking up a row on my Home Screen and I can't seem to turn it off.

Sorry ... "On Now" --- all the channels say "Live"