Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Channels popping up on New

I’m setting up another Roku tv but it added all of my old channels from my last tv on there and I don’t want them there I want a different setup but I don’t want them deleting from my other Roku tv.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Strega
Level 17

Re: Old Channels popping up on New

The only way I know to do that is to create an additional roku account, factory reset the new Roku and link it to the new account.

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Old Channels popping up on New

Your channels get added to your Roku ACCOUNT.  Add/delete a channel on one Roku, add/delete on all Rokus linked to that same Roku account.  (Exception: channels on your Roku account will not add to older units on which they are not supported.)

If you want a different selection of channels on some Rokus you have to create a separate Roku account on a different email address and link them to that.

To change accounts on a Roku you must perform a Factory reset and set up as a new unit, linking to the new Roku account.

Be aware that any premium channel subscriptions you have through Roku will remain with the original Roku account and will not transfer to the new account.  To avoid having to pay for two subscriptions to the same channel, unsubscribe on the first Roku account and subscribe directly with the channel via its web page, then use its dedicated on each Roku account, authenticating via the credentials you established with the channel account. This will also allow you to view on all platforms supported by the channel (web browser, phone, other streaming devices), not just on Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos