Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tater5
Binge Watcher

OTA viewing glitching and skipping

I too have this issue with details as follows. Mine is a new, month old, Roku 65". I read somewhere that this issue may be related to "Live TV Pause". The suggestion was to replace the USB drive. I did with no joy. I then removed the drive. I don't see the issue without a drive installed. This USB drive was used in a TCL Roku 55" and worked well.

This only happens with OTA viewing. I see a glitch and skipping in the video. I hear stuttering or chop in the audio. Thank you.

roku.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Choppy Audio on OTA Channel

Hi, @Tater5 

We are delighted to have you here in the Roku Community.

Thanks for sharing this information with us, and we're sorry to hear about the experience you had with the OTA viewing. We'd like to ask for further information regarding this so it will be addressed. Kindly provide the details below:

• What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue,

Once we have this information, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tater5
Binge Watcher

The (*) button brings up a menu.

thumbnail_IMG_0650.jpg

I have been waiting for a good example. I finally got one but the Tracker ID wouldn't come up without power cycling the TV.

0 Kudos
Tater5
Binge Watcher

I finally caught a good example. The BUTTON method of Tracker ID capture didn't work because it cleared the record on the USB drive. The MICROPHONE method works. The event happened at a full scene change so it could be related to FEC limitations. I have tested without the USB and saw only minor occasional video hits. I will remove the USB drive for now. FWIW, this TV replaced a 55" TCL/Roku that and no issues with the same USB.

Please see attached file. I have a video file that has the video and audio skipping. It is 7 seconds and 14Mb. How do I post it?

Tracker.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Tater5

Thanks for the response.

We acknowledge the details you've provided to us, and we'll forward them to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. Once more developments have been acquired from them, we'll provide an update.

Additionally, we've sent you a private message for us to assist you further.

We hope to hear back from you.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos