Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: [OS 12.0] YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

Another user posted a temporary fix, which worked for me and others on this thread. Go to Settings > System > Control other devices > then uncheck/disable 1-touch play.

0 Kudos
tlux63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. I get Tracker ID LR-512-473. I have a Panasonic TC-P42X60. 

1. Youtube crashes several seconds after loading.

2. Neflix freezes every couple of seconds at the beginning of an episode. Then runs fine.

No other issues with other streaming channels.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @tlux63,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about this playback issue you're experiencing when accessing YouTube and Netflix channels. We'd like to help.

Could you share with us a bit more information about this? How long have you been experiencing this? Have you tried any troubleshooting and what didn't work?

With more information, we'll be able to further assist you.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Morninmel
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

Thank you so much, my parents roku has had this issue with you tube for 2 months now and I've tried everything to fix the issue to no avail! I've been practically pulling my hair out cuz my mom has to have her you tube in the winter months to watch high school basketball. This morning I googled the issue yet again and one of the results was this community, and when I read your easy fix I went and did that ASAP, and holy ole hek it completely fixed it, You Tube is now working perfectly!!! 👏👏 Thank You So Much!! My Mom and Me Greatly Appreciate it!!! 😁

Mr_James
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Glad my fix helped....

Roku Ultra 4800RW, Roku Ultra 4660RW
tlux63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Would you mind sharing your solution again? I can't seem to see it on this thread. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Mr_James
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The work around i found was to disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices

Roku Ultra 4800RW, Roku Ultra 4660RW
tlux63
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That seems to do the trick. Thanks!

Kay66

Jump to solution

What was the resolution? I'm not seeing only responses that it helped. What do I need to do?

0 Kudos
Kay66

Jump to solution

What did the trick?

0 Kudos