Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

Thanks for providing us with the precise information needed, @PabloSanchez!

Rest assured that the appropriate Roku team will be made aware of this. Once more information is available, we will make sure to update this thread. In the meantime, we appreciate you bearing with us as we work on this. 

Feel free to let us know if there's anything you'd like us to address or create a new thread for different concerns.

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
Dts902
Reel Rookie

Re: [OS 12.0] YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

Did anyone ever find a fix for this? Youtube video will play for 5-10 seconds and then go black. Any button on the remote will make it play again but only for another 5-10 seconds. I even bought a new roku4K+ and it’s doing the same. Even tried a new Roku account and same issue occurs. Have a onn Walmart tv with Roku built in in the bedroom and it works just fine. PLEASE HELP!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the experience you have with this issue, @Dts902.

Please try to check for recent software updates on your device; after doing so, please perform a system restart on your device by going to Settings > System > Power (skip if the option is unavailable) > System Restart. If none works, please provide us the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Please inform us of your findings.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mr_James
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The work around i found was to disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices

Roku Ultra 4800RW, Roku Ultra 4660RW
0 Kudos
Dts902
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That worked thank you!

0 Kudos
MaxieMo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

To Roku Takashi,

Mr_James reports that when disabling "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices, this problem stops, and others have reported trying it and they say it works in solving this pause problem on apps like YouTube. In case you haven't already, you might want to report this to the group as well since maybe there is a connection and this can help them solve the problem because I frankly like having 1 touch play enabled and we shouldn't have to turn something like that off in order to permanently correct a bug. Hopefully the source will be found and people won't have to rely on this workaround.

Thanks.

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

This is acknowledged, @MaxieMo.

To learn more about 1-touch play, here's our Support article on What is CEC. There should be a part where the 1-touch play feature is being talked about, and further details and information are being provided.

Feel free to let us know if there's anything else you'd want us to address, and we'd be more than willing to listen and take appropriate action.

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
tnichols15

Jump to solution

I just purchased a Roku Ultra and I'm having the exact same issue as reported in this thread.

I believe I have done all of the recommended fixes and its still going black and makes me believe its got to be a bug in the software/OS version

attempted the following-

removed Youtube, restarted, readded- still goes black

adjusted resolution several times- still goes black

factory reset - still goes black

tried the workaround mentioned about the 1 touch, didn't work for me - still goes black

I have several other Roku's in the house and they don't have this problem.  Actually moved the Roku that I had on this tv to another tv and its fine.  Bought the Ultra for my main living room and this is aggravating to no end.

Thank you for any recommendations you may have.

0 Kudos
Mr_James
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Have you tried a different hdmi cable on the living room tv? Does the tv have another hdmi port you can use? Can you use one of the other know good rokus on the living room tv?

This is a hard one to figure out...

Roku Ultra 4800RW, Roku Ultra 4660RW
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Thank you, it totally worked!! Finally an end to my woes...

0 Kudos