Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaxieMo
Binge Watcher

Re: [OS 12.0] YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

I know I tried that too at some point. The fact that it happens on at least three apps tells me there is something else going on and not with these individual apps. Although I will do this now for all three apps that are pausing randomly and I'll report back here if they are still pausing or not during playback.

0 Kudos
jontalk
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This has been a known issue since the release of OS12, though the YT app updated recently and appears to have fixed it. I'd suggest you manually check for updates regularly since auto-update isn't foolproof. That said, its my opinion the issue is related to server 'handshakes' since it only occurred with my 4800R when viewing for longer periods of time. Pressing the home button returns to the desktop. Please go to the app, press the * key and select 'check for updates' on the YT app 🙂

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
MaxieMo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yeah, I've done everything. Apps are always up to date. I dumped the app, restarted Roku, reinstall app... same thing happens. Happens since the last update. YTube, Netflix, and Hulu are pausing randomly, usually after I've been watching for about 5-10 minutes, and does it again at some point after. Very annoying. Someone else from Roku told me last week on this thread that Roku is looking into this with their team after I sent them error codes I pulled up on Roku after it happened a number of times. I know others are suddenly experiencing this now so I'm not alone.

0 Kudos
Tellarae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Experiencing same issue after updating my Roku. It is so frustrating. Not experiencing this issue with any other app and have spent over a hour going through all the suggested steps, some multiple times, trying to fix it. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @community users,

Thank you for keeping us posted about this issue!

You seem to have done a ton of fantastic troubleshooting steps. No worries! We will be more than happy to assist you further. Could you send us a photo or video of your running issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mr_James
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The work around i found was to disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices

Roku Ultra 4800RW, Roku Ultra 4660RW
MaxieMo
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I've already sent my specs and error codes to someone at Roku on another thread. Apparently, it was forwarded to the team to check into it. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tellarae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I tried everything else and this worked for me! Thank you!!! 

“The work around i found was to disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices”

Tellarae
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After trying everything else another member posted this and it worked for me. 

Mr_James
Binge Watcher

6 hours ago

The work around i found was to disable "1 touch play" in Settings/System/Control other devices

PabloSanchez
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube going to black screen

Jump to solution

Hello,

I went through all the steps to solve the problem, including pressing 5times on the home and back buttons

Model: 3820R2-streaming stick 4K

Serial no: X02500N7Fy4J(SOJ73377FY4J)

Software version: 2.12.5.0 build 4169-E6

GC version 2.10.1.517

Timestamp: 2023-10-09T00:53:27z

Issue I'd: 4J-404-693

Thank you, best regards 

0 Kudos