Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arcimus
Channel Surfer

Re: [OS 12.0] Sling And Adult Swim channels broken.

Just updated the OS and also cannot view Sling TV.  Open the app and the wheel just spins.

Hisense 65U6
Hardware ID G220X
Serial X013002239N6
Version 11.5.0 build 4312-CH
Device ID S0AE428239N6
Sling App Version 8.74 build 8748

Could not get a tracker ID.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Wishspell,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing when playing content on the adult swim channel with your Roku device and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and see if you notice any difference.

If the issue still persists, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Please let us know if the issue is fixed or reply back to the thread and kindly provide the required details mentioned above as it will help us to offer appropriate assistance to you on the reported issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @arcimus,

Welcome to the Roku Community and providing information.

We're sorry to hear that you've been having this trouble with playing content on the Sling TV channel and we would like to know how to identify and resolve any playback issues.

Can you also verify if you observe this behavior while using any other channels on your device?

We would like to ask you to attempt to try removing the Sling TV channel, and update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel.

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Thanks again for posting and we hope the suggestions above get everything sorted out!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arcimus
Channel Surfer

Other channels (Netflix, Plex, etc.) work fine.

I did uninstall/reinstall, reboot, power off, unplug, and factory reset.  None fix the issue

arcimus
Channel Surfer

Just updated Sling to Version 8.75 build 8858.  No change.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @arcimus,

Thanks for following up and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

We would like to ask if you attempted to try it you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and see if you notice any difference.

We would recommend trying to see if that resolves your issue. Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arcimus
Channel Surfer

I check for updates on the apps and System menu regularly.  This is how the app got updated in my earlier post.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @arcimus,

Thanks for the quick response,

After performing a manual update, please let us know your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About. As some users have experienced a Sling TV channel access issue that was related to a recent channel update affecting certain Roku devices.

We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arcimus
Channel Surfer

Versions are unchanged today.

Roku: 11.5.0 build 4312-CH
Sling: 8.75 build 8858

Tracker ID: N6-216-982

0 Kudos
ramblinjack
Reel Rookie

it would apear the only fix is to replace the roku with an apple player or some other streaming device its been over a month and they are still requesting the same information that was provided a month ago, obviously they have no clue or no motivation to fix the issue. its happening to everyone who owns a roku and im sure they have one to monitor whats happening. i have roku on 4 tv's in my house and the problem is on them all. i used to recommend roku to people but i cant anymore