Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ByerRA
Reel Rookie

[OS 12.0] Sling And Adult Swim channels broken.

So all this started a few weeks ago.

First, the "Adult Swim" channel will lock up after playing a "marathon", usually after the first or second "commercial" break it locks up during the commercial.

Then, last week, Sling won't start at all.  It starts, shows the logo screen, goes blank and shows a swirling circle and the channel just hangs there.

This is happening on two sets of TV's, same model Rokua at two completely different locations and network providers.  All the TV's the Roku boxes are attached to are "smart" TV's with Sling built in and Sling works fine from the "smart" TV's.

I've done the "uninstall", "reboot", "re-install" on both channels on all Roku boxes with no difference.  I've done a full factory reset on all Roku boxes, no difference.  Resetting the routers at each location makes no difference.

All "smart" TV's and Roku boxes are on 1gig fiber connections and when I do a connection check on the Roku boxes I'm getting a constant 94Mbps download speed so I don't think it's internet issues.

Again, it's only the Sling and Adult Swim channels (so far), all other channels are fine.

Model : 4630X - Roku Premiere+ (software version 12.0.0 - build 4184-29)

Sling : v8.72 - build 8274

Adult Swim : v44.6 - build 2100000011

43 REPLIES 43
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [OS 12.0] Sling And Adult Swim channels broken.

Greetings @ByerRA 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding channel playback after your Roku device updated to OS 12.0. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to post an update in this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
airmek

Any update on this issue, as I'm experiencing it as well?  I thought something was wrong with the Roku stick so I went out and got another one.  The Adult Swim app crashes on the brand new Roku stick right out of the box.

RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @airmek 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding channel playback on the Adult Swim channel.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
• does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
• steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ByerRA
Reel Rookie

Sorry, didn't provide all the correct information before...

Model : 4630X - Roku Premiere+
Serial Number : YR002G488088
Software Version : 12.0.0 - build 4184-29
Device ID : 7KA682488088

Sling : Version 8.73 - build 8458
ID : 88-202-487

Adult Swim : Version 44.6 - build 2100000011
ID : 88-292-499

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ByerRA,
Thanks for providing all the information we requested!
We'll go ahead and send this over to the team for further investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update.
We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate your bearing with us in the meantime.

Thanks,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Redshirt

I'm having the same issue with the [Adult Swim] app freezing on Marathon streams.  I'm using a Roku 2. 

Model 4210X Roku 2, software 12.0.0 build 4184-04

I posted my problem on Reddit, and a few other posters indicated the same issue.

https://old.reddit.com/r/adultswim/comments/13bbrq7/roku_as_app_freezing/

https://old.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/13bbpzv/adult_swim_as_app_freezing/

Adult Swim's tech support has been sadly unhelpful, so I'm trying Roku's.  This is mostly a bookmark.  🙂

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Redshirt,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue. We apologized for any inconvenience this has caused.

We have passed along your details to the Roku team for further investigation. Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely. Rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Please let us know if there are other related issues that we can further take a look at.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jarbaugh

I am having this issue as well, the stream locks up after 1 or 2 Commercial breaks. It was still occuring last night, 5/26/2023. 

Wishspell
Reel Rookie

All 15 channels in my adult swim Marathon will play for about 15 minutes then freeze. Either it will be a Frozen picture but the sound will continue or the opposite. I tried two different phones I've updated, I've turned it on and off and it is still happening. This appears to have started about 2 months ago. I can't watch adult swim without it crashing on me. Easy fix, just switch to another station then come back and it works again for about 15 minutes, it may be less it may be more but I can't stand watching it anymore I can't enjoy it. If anybody has a fix please let me know I searched everywhere thank you.

Wishspell