Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmahoney56
Channel Surfer

[OS 11.5] TCL 4k/HDR TV - YouTube Channel Stuck on Version 2.20

I have a TCL TV - model 55R615 7120X - that is a full 4K/HDR TV, but it is stuck on YouTube app version 2.20 build 93005150.  It is also running Roku OS 11.5.

My understanding (based on this post) is that all 4K/HDR TVs should have at least version 2.21 or 2.22.

It seems that for whatever reason YouTube thinks my TV is a non-4K/HDR model.

I have contacted both Roku and YouTube without any luck. And yes, I've done many, many reboots and factory resets. Nothing works.

How can I get this fixed? Most important is I need the Playback Speed function, which is not supported in 2.20.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: TCL 4k/HDR TV - YouTube Channel Stuck on Version 2.20

@mmahoney56

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried checking for a channel update by navigating to the channel tile on the Home screen and pressing the * button > Check for updates ?

In regards to the Playback Speed function, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further about that channel's features and functionality. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
mmahoney56
Channel Surfer

Thanks Danny.

Yes, I have tried Checking for Updates many times.  It never updates.

How do I get YouTube to recognize my TV as 4K/HDR and push the 2.21 or 2.22 updates to it?

There seems to be some type of a mismatch with this specific model of TV.  The other TCL TVs that I have received the 2.22 update a while back without any problems.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mmahoney56
Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide us with the OS that your Roku TV is currently running?

In the meantime, I have already passed along your concerns to the appropriate Roku team to investigate the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmahoney56
Channel Surfer

My TV is running Roku OS 11.5.0 build 4216-30.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mmahoney56 

Thanks for the the follow up.

I have passed along the information that you have provided to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmahoney56
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny,

This weekend my YouTube app updated to Version 2.20 build 93005154

This is the first time it has updated since April, but it is still on version 2.20.  So that proves that the app is updating, but for whatever reason YouTube/Roku continue to think my TV is a non-4K/HDR TV and, therefore, only make 2.20 available to it.

My TV is definitely a 4K/HDR TV and should be running at least version 2.21 or 2.22.

How do we get this mismatch fixed?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
mmahoney56
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny - has there been any progress made on this issue?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@mmahoney56

Thanks for the follow up.

At this time, I have no update to provide but rest assured once more information is available I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mmahoney56
Channel Surfer

Thanks Danny.

Do you think this is something Roku can fix or should I follow up with YouTube or TCL instead?

Michael