Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Psilobite
Roku Guru

[OS 11.5] Shudder channel stopped functioning properly

The Shudder channel has stopped functioning properly

Roku model: Roku Ultra 4660X
Roku OS: 11.5.0 Build 4216-46
Shudder Channel version: 5.12 Build 220630

The only thing working is "Featured", "Search", and "Shudder TV".

"Collections," "Movies," and "Series" just displays "Loading..." and goes no further.

"Setting" --> "Manage My List" also just displays "Loading..." and goes no further.

"Featured" usually has a section "Continue Watching," that is no longer appearing. Neither is "My List" which also usually appears in "Featured". Being able to continue watching a movie or show also no longer works.

My Shudder subscription costs me $5.99 per month.

Tags (1)
51 REPLIES 51
Psilobite
Roku Guru

Re: Shudder Roku channel stopped functioning properly

Standard troubleshooting procedures (Log out, remove channel, reboot, re-add channel, log back in) had no effect on any of the issues.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Psilobite 

Likely related to the Roku outage which was just resolved minutes ago.  May take a bit for the subscriptions to catch up.

See if any of the regular on-demand content on the Roku Channel works for you.  I was just able to launch Shudder on my 4660x and launched some of the Previews. (seems to be working, but I don't have a subscription to this channel to test further).

https://community.roku.com/t5/Playback-Issues-Audio-Video-Power/SERVICE-INTERRUPTION-The-Roku-Channe...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Psilobite

Thanks for the post.

As @AvsGunnar mentioned, there was a service interruption that has since been resolved. We would recommend checking again to see if you are still experiencing an issue at this time.

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Psilobite
Roku Guru

The problem was not resolved after the outage; the issue is still present.

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version
Device Model: 4660X - Roku Ultra
Serial Number: YJ00A4777475
Device ID: CK386A777475
Software OS/Version: 11.5.0 Build 4216-46

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel
Yes, the issue occurs on a specific channel. As mentioned in the topic and the original post, the channel is Shudder, version 5.12 Build 220630

-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
75-411-214

You will need a Shudder account. Start the channel, log in, select "Collections", "Movies", or "Series" on the left. The right part of the screen will be blank except for "Loading..." and it will stay that way until the back or home button is pressed.

druidblackangel
Reel Rookie

Does the same thing on my Roku Stick non 4K and has since yesterday the 12th....my list is gone and will not allow me to add to my list nor let me do much other than watch the loading notice swirl round and round!

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Psilobite,

Thanks for providing the information needed!

We'll go ahead and send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once we have an update available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @druidblackangel,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please help us with the required details above posted by @RokuDanny-R so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team.

Please keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
druidblackangel
Reel Rookie

Read the **bleep** messages. You have everything you need. Outage and I use a ROKU stick of the non 4K variety which makes no difference at all. The Channel is Shudder....DUH! As for the error code I don't have time to write it down as its long and basically for someone well offshore who cannot fix anything as they were the ones who wrote the **bleep** outdated code.

0 Kudos
Jeremiah-

I am also having the same exact issue with both of my Roku systems. My details are posted below:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version

Device 1: 
Device Model: 3900X - Roku Express
Serial Number: YG00C9286465
Device ID: C3385C286465
Software OS/Version: 11.5.0 Build 4216-51

Device 2: 
Device Model: 4640X - Roku Ultra 
Serial Number: YP00CY723060
Device ID: 7LC73C723060
Software OS/Version: 11.5.0 Build 4216-29

-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel

Yes, the issue occurs on Shudder, version 5.12 Build 220630

Roku Express 65-412-799

Roku Ultra 60-412-802

You will need a Shudder account. Start the channel, log in, select "Collections", "Movies", or "Series" on the left. The right part of the screen will be blank except for "Loading..." On the “Featured” tab, “My List” and “Continue Watching” rows are missing. Attempting to add a movie to “my list” causes error code 2211-401000-000