Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[OS 11.5] Peacock & Paramount Restart Roku At Every Commercial

Every time I'm watching a show on one of those channels & it come to a commercial I watch almost the whole 60 second commercial before everything freezes, and my Roku automatically restarts.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Trashpandatoots 

The bad news is that there is probably something in the commercials that is causing the issue. Often, commercials are served up from different servers than the content. It could be an issue there, since it only happens when commercials play.

What is the Roku device model number? Settings > System > About

What is the Roku OS version? (same page)

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Imaginos
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue. Both Roku and Peacock have recent updates (October 2022). If I watch a Movie on Peacock, no issues. If I watch a series like the new Quantum Leap, it's fine until a commercial starts. The commercial plays for several seconds without any audio, then the video freezes and Roku reboots shortly after the freeze. It didn't do this prior to these updates so it appears to be an issue in coding. Roku or Peacock needs to look at this!

I do not have this issue on Paramount + (yet)

Roku Model 4640X Roku Ultra

Roku OS ver. 11.5.0 - Build 4216-29

0 Kudos
Nejay28
Channel Surfer

Peacock plays ads muted and then restart Roku device

I recently upgraded my Peacock app through Roku and now when I play shows the ads are muted and then my Roku device restarts. I tried to update the app and Roku but I get the same results. Please help 

0 Kudos

Good morning, I'm having the same problem but only on Peacock since the 11.5.0 software update and only on my Roku Premiere+ model 4630X. My other TV that has Roku built-in is fine and the commercials play through. I have done the app remove-repower-reinstall to no avail. What's up Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Peacock plays ads muted and then restart Roku device

@Nejay28

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [OS 11.5] Peacock & Paramount Restart Roku At Every Commercial

Hi Community user,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Please help us with the additional information provided below that would be helpful for our team to look into this problem:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imaginos
Reel Rookie

Hi Mary,

Roku Ultra Model 4640X

Roku OS version 11.5.0 - Build 4219-29

Peacock v3.10b22 update 10/12/22  - Steps taken: Watched a TV series show that has commercial breaks, when a commercial break occurred, there was no audio, commercial ran for several seconds, picture/screen froze and then Roku rebooted.)

Tubi v.2.18 Build 3 Steps taken same as above but commercial completed and I received error/trackerID? RO-201-5. It did not reboot like Peacock.)

I did have the same issue as the Tubi channel with causing a crash related to commercials, like the Roku channel yesterday but I was not able to duplicate it today - commercials completed normally.

Definitely seems related to commercials,

On the reboot I can't get a tracker ID. Thanks for your help and let me know if I need to provide additional information.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Imaginos,

Thanks for providing the information needed.

We'll share these details with the appropriate team for further review. Once they provide me with an update I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We're hoping to get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Imaginos
Reel Rookie

Sorry, I thought I did that on my previous post - not sure what happened but here are the details

Roku Ultra s/n = YP00A6470627

Device ID 7LC 68A4070627

0 Kudos