Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS 10.5 Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one"

Hi Everyone! 

I am getting an issue on the Roku VideoPlayer. The message that I am getting is the next: "got invalid pathname, load the next one",  this is happening on Roku devices that have the 10.5 OS version, but I am no getting the this issue in the 10.0.0 Os version. 

On the 10.5 version this error is very inconsistent.

Anyone have any idea about this issue? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one"

I assume you mean Roku Media Player. What is the source of your media? Is it something connected directly to your Roku via USB, or is it coming from a DLNA server? I was testing 10.5 on my Ultra 4800 a few days ago, and didn't have any issues playing from my DLNA server. I'm away on business this week, so can't test anything from my hotel room. It will have to wait until I get home Friday.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: OS 10.5 Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one&quot

@CristianDev123 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? What kind of USB drive are you using, and does this issue occur when you use a different USB drive?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
eoherrerfl
Level 7

Re: OS 10.5 Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one&

Hi Danny,

I'm having the same issue, I'm using a Roku Express with 10.5 software version. And this issue is intermittent because sometimes I can't see the movie and sometimes works, attached is the error code and description, but we are getting the contentUrl and LicenseUrl from a remote server.

>>>>>[videoPlayerView].videoError:              got invalid pathname, load the next one.
>>>>>[videoPlayerView].videoError:              -3
>>>>>[videoPlayerView].videoError:              An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
>>>>>[videoPlayerView].videoError:              <Component: roAssociativeArray> =
{
    category: "mediaplayer"
    clipid: 0
    dbgmsg: "got invalid pathname, load the next one."
    drmerrcode: 0
    errcode: 8
    ignored: false
    source: "buffer:contentlist"
}
0 Kudos

Re: Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one"

Hi! The media source is a server. We are getting the url and we add it to the roku video component. 

0 Kudos

Re: OS 10.5 Roku Media Player - Roku Video Issue, "got invalid pathname, load the next one&

Hi @RokuDanny-R I am getting the same issue as @eoherrerfl

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-can you provide us with a sample so we can try to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos