Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmjose
Reel Rookie

OAN not loading on Roku Ultra, Roku Stick 4K

One American News Network (OANN) is not loading on three Rokus I have.  There's no problem with other channels.  Is there anyone here having the same problem?

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: OAN not loading on Roku Ultra, Roku Stick 4K

Hi @cmjose,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We understand that you're having issues accessing the OANN channel on your Roku. We're happy to assist you with this.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device [Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > Restart], and adding the channel.

You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote. In cases where the issue persists despite performing the steps above, we recommend that you keep in touch with the channel provider's support team, as they may be able to provide you with updates regarding this.

We hope this helps.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cmjose
Reel Rookie

Hello,

Just did your recommendation and still the same, started loading up to 13% and won't go any further.  I removed the app then I restarted the system.  For me to added back the app/channel I have to resubscribe. Now I have two subscriptions with this channel/app.  I already reached out to OANN and just waiting for their reply.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@cmjose 

I used to get OAN through KlowdTV.  They are owned by Herring Network (same company that owns OAN) and they have an "OAN package" ($2.50/mo or $30/yr).

I liked them because they also pro-rated the subscription (not sure if they still do), but a nice alternative way to get OAN at a discounted price. https://www.klowdtv.com/home.ktv

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/dd2db9163eda3401f069e2529b1ef4bb/klowdtv

----

Otherwise, you can use your existing OAN subscription and either cast to your Roku via a mobile device (phone/tablet), or use a laptop with a HDMI cable to your TV. (At least until you figure what is going on with your current issue.)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
cmjose
Reel Rookie

@AvsGunnar 

Thank you, I'll check it out and hoping I could watch OAN again.  Besides that is cheaper than $4.99 I pay.

0 Kudos
witehous66
Reel Rookie

I have tried rebooting the modem, the ROKU, and removed and added the channel. It comes up on my menu , but will not play. I have a ROKU Premier. All other channels play just fine.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello! @witehous66,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you for contacting us regarding OAN. We are pleased to be of assistance.

The device you are using can no longer support the most recent features.

This means this device will no longer get new features or streaming channels, updates to existing channels, or other software-related updates. You can keep using your Roku player to stream the channels you currently have. However, you may lose access to some channels over time as those channel partners make updates.

If you haven't already upgraded your device, you should have received an email with offers to purchase a new player at a discounted price. You can also access this offer by signing into your Roku account and visiting the following website here for Roku deals.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Pattypat00

I have been having the same issue so frustrating 

0 Kudos
witehous66
Reel Rookie

If you have an older Roku, you might have to upgrade to a newer model. I did this , and it all worked out fine. Hope this helps...

0 Kudos