Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
streherne
Level 7

Nothing will open on my Roku. All I get is the spinning purple wheel.

I'm unable to open anything on my Roku today.  I took the suggestion to search for system software updates, and the same thing - getting a message "Checking for new software", and the spinning purple wheel now for about 20 minutes.  Something is not right.  First I thought maybe the internet was down, but that has not been the case.  Unsure what happened to cause this - it was working fine the last time I used it.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
LReynolds
Level 7

Re: Nothing will open on my Roku. All I get is the spinning purple wheel.

The same thing has been happening with my Roku for the past 3 days. So I selected system update an it is now stuck.  This must be a Roku issue.  Has anybody gotten an answer from Roku?

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Nothing will open on my Roku. All I get is the spinning purple wheel.

Hey @streherne @LReynolds

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried restarting your Roku device from the Settings menu? To do this, go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart. Also, are you only getting stuck whenever you try to run a software update on your player, or it's now stuck on the purple spinning wheel even after rebooting the device? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos