Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWLEWIS75

Not showing local channels to where I live

My Roku isn't allowing me to view my local AZ channels. But it's showing NM local channels. Help!

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Not showing local channels to where I live

Roku devices have no provisions for receiving live over-the-air broadcasts. (Roku TVs with Roku capability built in DO have antenna inputs for this purpose.) So any local broadcasts received on a Roku device must be streamed via one of the streaming channel apps that carry local channels (YouTube TV, fubu, Hulu + Live TV, etc.). It is that channel app that determines which locality's stations you get.

Some (all?) of these channel apps determine your location by the IP number assigned to you by your internet provider. If your internet provider assigns or changes your IP number to one attached to one of its servers located in a different area, that could change the local stations you are provided.

You can use a website like https://www.iplocation.net/ to see where the IP number assigned by your internet provider indicates you are located. If this doesn't represent your actual area, contact your internet provider and ask to be reassigned an IP in your area.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Charlie73

I lived in the Houston, Texas locale, How do I receive Local channels

on my ROKU

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Charlie73,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about how to access local channels on your Roku device.

To find more news on your Roku player, browse through the News and Weather section of the Roku Channel Store. Some content may require you to authenticate via your cable or satellite provider.

For full information on this, you can take a look at this Roku Support link: How to find news on your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos