Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: No sound on YouTube app

Jump to solution

@batmanwashere2 wrote:

I tried all of the suggestions...and still nothing.  I've checked roku, reboot roku several times...I've not had sound on Youtube (all other apps work) for more than 6 months.  I've had to cancel my youtube account from paying to free and uninstalled youtube.  Seems youtube doesn't care....I've contacted them as well.  I wonder how many customers they are losing as a result of this glitch?  

Any suggestions other than the ones in this thread, which for me did not work, would be appreciated....thankyou.

You didn't mention your Roku model # or firmware version (Settings/System/About) or YT app version (highlight the app and press Options (*) on the remote).

Saying "i tried all..." without listing any specific attempted workarounds/solutions just isnt meaningful or useful.

1) Remove the YT app , RESTART Roku (Settings/System/System restart/Restart) <-- MUST DO THIS HERE!!!, re-install YT app  - try again

2) Change Settings/Audio/HDMI=PCM Stereo & Settings/Audio/Audio Mode=Stereo - try again

3) Turn off sound modes:  During playback press Options (*)/Sound settings or Volume modes=off

4) During playack:  Pause/Options 2x/Play

0 Kudos
MrSiberian

Jump to solution

In my situation it was check marking "Auto Leveling" sound came immediately on YouTube. Same problem as everyone else....YouTube only had no sound. While a video is playing in YouTube click the "*" on your Ruku remote. My Ruku TV then displays a list of options. Then choose "Volume Mode" it then gave me three choices "Leveling" "night" and off. As stated above I made sure that "Leveling" had a checkmark .... set to "auto" as well.

0 Kudos
DrummondTXHou
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Read it, tried it, but did not work for me.

0 Kudos
DrummondTXHou
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, ONE thing finally works.  In the case of the Roku TV, you have to delete the YouTube App, then completely factory reset the TV, then reinstall the YouTube app.

A royal pain, but it works.  So far.

0 Kudos