Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Free2be

Re: No sound after ads on Hulu

Mines just started doing the same.  Its very frustrating, I think I might cancel and just buy the network app on Amazon Prime, I never have this issue, Beside all my stuff will be in one app. This is crazy I thought my roku tv was messed up until I saw your post . Thanks 

0 Kudos
Jridenhour

I thought it was Hulu but I have Hulu on a Roku Tv and I have Hulu on a Samsung TV that plays through a Roku device. The Roku TV is the only device that has this issue. My Roku player and Hulu directly on my Samsung TV don’t have this problem. 

0 Kudos
Psquared
Reel Rookie

Same for me. My Roku devices are fine. It’s the Roku TV that’s the problem. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I have ad-free Hulu and a standalone Roku Ultra. I have noticed that after the initial Hulu logo and sometimes network logo, especially if it's a continuing series, that there is no audio until I do a pause/play. it's sort of hit-or-miss if it will do that. The Roku is connected to an AV receiver for the audio.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention, and rest assured that we take your concerns seriously as we are committed to solving the issue you've encountered. As a start, let us ask for some information at your end so we can work on this. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on the Hulu channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).

This information you provide is essential to us, and we'll be waiting for your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hartleyseo

I am experiencing this as well, even after removing ing the hulu app 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Hartleyseo,

Greetings and welcome here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate your efforts in the attempts to resolve the audio issue you've encountered with the Hulu channel. We want to advise you that this issue is better addressed by the channel providers since most channels on the Roku platform are managed and maintained by the channel providers. For more information regarding this, kindly refer to @RokuERey's comment above this thread.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lpnz

Same thing is happening to me it's getting very annoying exiting out of the app every 10 to 15 minutes. 

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

I have ad-free, but do sometimes have a problem when starting. A play/pause brings it back.

0 Kudos
cher1029

The fix worked for about 20 minutes. I am starting to regret getting a roku tv. still no sound after ads

0 Kudos