Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CJ4TV
Channel Surfer

Re: No sound after ads on Hulu

I had a problem the first couple times I tried it and then I realized I was pushing the wrong back button it's not the back button next to you okay it's the back button next to the home button so when I did that it worked but I still have to sound problem also I believe the real problem is that when you're watching Hulu stuff movies and shows that the volume on the shows is actually so low that you turn it way up so you can hear it and then these commercials come on and then it's Extremely Loud that's my opinion

SharonMG72
Reel Rookie

Hi,

This is the problem tracker ID number I received ID 48-414-239

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for providing this information, @SharonMG72.

Rest assured, we'll collect this information to be forwarded to the appropriate Roku team. While doing so, we'll also suggest you reach out to the channel provider directly and inquire further, as this issue may be known on their end.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SharonMG72
Reel Rookie

My main issue is that whenever a commercial comes on the TV shuts off. Doesn't matter if I'm on Hulu or YouTube or any other app that shows a commercial. The TV will shut off and then I have to go turn it back on

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SharonMG72,

Thanks for letting us know about this, and welcome to the Roku Community.

Could you tell us how long you've been experiencing this issue? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far, and what didn't work?

With more information, we can further assist you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SharonMG72
Reel Rookie

I have searched for updates but the TV is fully updated.  I have unplugged it, waited a few minutes, plugged it in again.  We have had this issue for the last 2 weeks.  We tried plugging in a Roku stick and a Google Chromecast but the exact problem occurs. 

0 Kudos
Stark19

I had the same issue with Hulu on my Roku tv. I did all the suggestions on here and nothing worked until I accidentally found the solution . So, what happened was I couldn’t find the Roku tv remote so I decided to use my iPhone as the remote by going on the Roku app and selecting the device . The next step is to verify your email on the device because once you select the device a email is automatically sent to your email . And once I did that I used my phone as a remote and selected Hulu and from their I realized the sound issue after ads was resolved . So maybe this will help others . Just try logging into Roku app selecting the device you’re having issues and go through the steps of verifying email . Hope this helps!

edbachta
Channel Surfer

Same problem here too! Just recently subscribed to Hulu with ads. Why hasn’t this issue been fixed? Seems like a lot of users have been having this problem going on for months now.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @edbachta,

Greetings from the Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem on Hulu. We'd like to know more about it so we can further assist you. Can you please elaborate on the issue that you are currently experiencing? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? What software version are you currently in? (You can check on Settings > System > About.)

We'll wait for your response.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
edbachta
Channel Surfer

The issue I’m experiencing is after ads play the program I’m watching resumes and there’s no sound. I have to completely close the app and résumé playing. Sometimes it takes multiple app restarts before the sound returns. As has been suggested on this thread, neither fast forwarding nor reinstalling the app has worked for me. The software version I’m running is 12.5.0 build 4176 CG. I’ve already attempted a software update and it says my software is already up to date.

0 Kudos