Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gunny995
Reel Rookie

No search option in Channel Store

What are your unsupported regions, I purchased my Roku device at Walmart in Pinehurst  North Carolina. I live 10 miles away, So i assume if it’s sold here it should work here, Right? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: No search option in Channel Store

Hi @Gunny995,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd love to assist you further, but we'll need to gather more information. Can you please provide the following information below?

• What Roku device are you using right now? (Roku Express, Roku streaming stick, Roku Ultra, Roku streambar, Roku TV-Specify)
  • Where are you currently located right now?
  • Have you tried restarting your Roku device by going to settings, system, power, and system restart?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,                                                                                                                                              John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Gunny995-

Are you now, or were you when  you set up your Roku account, using a VPN that masks your actual location?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Gunny995
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the response.  No I was not masking my location. I’m not savvy enough to even know how. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Gunny995-

Streaming Store should be available in the US from the Roku home screen.   It's not one of the Home Screen options you can turn off.

Sometimes one's internet connection IP number (assigned to you by your internet supplier) doesn't pinpoint your location precisely but seldom puts you in another country.

Only thing I can think to suggest is restarting the Roku. These things are just special purpose computers, after all. Like their big brothers sometimes clearing things out by restarting them can correct problems.  

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" under "Settings > System > Power", or if you have no Power option, under "Settings > System".  

If a restart doesn't do it, or if you don't have sufficient control with the remote to navigate the Roku menus, you can also restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos