Channels & viewing

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biancabart
Level 7

No search bar on my Roku Express 4K+, unable to find/add Disney+

I have an older smart tv and really wanted to access Disney+. I did some research and purchased a Roku streaming device (Express 4K+). It has a Disney+ button on the remote, however I can't find the app in the app store anywhere.

My issue has two parts:

- I can't find Disney+

- I don't seem to have a search bar?

I'm located in Australia but Disney+ support tells me that this issue seems to be on Roku not them. I'm really disappointed because I only purchased the Roku for Disney+. 

Roku Express (3900 series)  @Disney 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: No search bar on my Roku Express 4K+, unable to find/add Disney+

Hello @biancabart

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Availability/access of channels and features like 'Search' on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels and features may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. 

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
biancabart
Level 7

@Kar thanks for getting back to me. 
Disney+ tells me that it shouldn’t be an issue - is there anything I can do to get my Roku to play Disney+?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@biancabart Disney is who controls what country their app is available in. Disney+ may be available there, but they need to make it available on Roku devices. Roku has no control over that availability in the channel store. Only the channel provider can change where a channel is available. 

Call Disney back and tell them they haven't released D+ on Roku devices yet four your country. They will likely say it is available, but they don't understand the difference between the service being available there and the channel being available. It might take talking to a supervisor in their call center, or perhaps contacting someone higher up. But Disney is the only one that can make it happen.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos